So It Begins... Steelers Visit the Patriots

steelcurtain29

There comes a point in time when the message is stale. And the players need a new voice to deliver the message. Like the Penguins, right. Just a minor change. A new voice. And, Bam. Ring. Ring. Do you hear me?

Mike Tomlin is 2-5 in his last seven regular season games. A man who sports a .650 regular season win pct. through his unquestioned coaching talent. There comes a point in time when the players stop listening bc of all the crap you did or didn't do.

They lose the respect for you as their head coach. Yeah, but he let Joey So and So get crunk and come late for practice. Discipline. Order. Respect. This is how MEN respond when you go into battle. They got your back. And you got theirs. 

Tomlin lost the team a while ago. 

That performance was a complete lack of effort. Because they know they're just gonna get outcoached. 

And when he kicked that FG. He showed his colors right there. I'm yellow. And I don't trust you. 

Fight for me, coach. And I'll fight for you. Tomlin just fed them to the wolves. From, first, his lack of preparation. And, second, his inability to manage a game. He let the air out of the team right there. 

Once again, to protect his own ___. Like the AB situation. If he's not a player's coach. He's not a coach. Bell - same thing. If he's not a player's coach, then he's not a coach. 

Time and time again. Tomlin does what is best for MIKE TOMLIN. Not what is best for the PITTSBURGH STEELERS

23 minutes ago, Money said:

There comes a point in time when the message is stale. And the players need a new voice to deliver the message. Like the Penguins, right. Just a minor change. A new voice. And, Bam. Ring. Ring. Do you hear me?

Mike Tomlin is 2-5 in his last seven regular season games. A man who sports a .650 regular season win pct. through his unquestioned coaching talent. There comes a point in time when the players stop listening bc of all the crap you did or didn't do.

They lose the respect for you as their head coach. Yeah, but he let Joey So and So get crunk and come late for practice. Discipline. Order. Respect. This is how MEN respond when you go into battle. They got your back. And you got theirs. 

Tomlin lost the team a while ago. 

he lost them when though? I would say a few years ago anyways, but worse is how the D still has breakdowns after all these years .  I agree with what you say though, major issue when a team is at or even near this state.  This team has no physicality either, they just have got by with talent for too long, and even thats starting to run out, their best player ran out the door last year wk17 because he had enough. He might not be a saint, but he might also know things we don't (of course) about how flawed the organization is. 

After the offseason help for D, they looked worse than last year actually. How does that happen?

6 hours ago, DR43 said:

Who will stop New England this year in the playoffs?

Our issues at OL and/or injuries. Feels like 2015. We will not win the Superbowl this time.

Wouldn't be too down about W1 guys, I'm sure you'll be right with us all the way as usual.

Without reading this thread, is anyone here high on Dupree?...

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He has been here for 4 years. 0 improvement in those seasons.

Ok?  IDGAF.  Wynn is a really good player.  He's going to be fine on an island all year.  Saying Dupree sucked without commenting on the quality of the player going up against him is leaving out lots of context.

A bit of a fun thing to think about:

Joe Thomas allowed 30 career sacks.  Guess who had two of them?  Jarvis Jones.  Harrison only had 1 career sack against Joe Thomas.  If we're measuring skill by perceived LT quality does that mean JJ is better than JH?

Dupree is not great.  He's able to be a rotational player.  He's not as bad as some make it out.  But not putting context to what was going on there is a little crappy.

Let's stop pretending like Bud Dupree isnt complete garbage can we?

He doesnt do anything more than what a rotational quality backup is capable of. There are very few teams in which he would be a starter. He shouldn't even be one this year. I'm so sick of watching ppl complain about the FO and coaching staff only to defend hot garbage like Dupree. I dont normally disagree with you War, but even if Butler had been prepared, without a legitimate second pass rushing option, our defense was never going to succeed against NE.

Right now, Indy, KC, LAC, and NE are the top AFC teams, maybe even Baltimore but I personally think that's an overreaction.

Know how many of those teams I think we can beat?

You're right if you guessed 0. And if you cant beat any of those teams, there is no point in being in the playoffs.

I have grown sick and tired of watching the Pittsburgh Steelers waste away the talent on this team. We do such a good job of drafting WRs that I hope we cut Moncrief and draft another one.

It's just week 1 so my opinion could change if he completely turns it around, but my opinion on Dupree and Burns will not. 

Guys like Tuzar Skipper worked their butt off to make the team and are now sitting on their couch while bums like Dupree continue to get undeserved opportunities 

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right now, Indy, KC, LAC, and NE are the top AFC teams, maybe even Baltimore but I personally think that's an overreaction.

Know how many of those teams I think we can beat?

You're right if you guessed 0. And if you cant beat any of those teams, there is no point in being in the playoffs.

We can beat Indy and we can beat the Chargers is they aren’t allowed to jump offsides. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

We can beat Indy and we can beat the Chargers is they aren’t allowed to jump offsides. 

Believe me I want to feel that way and I came into last night's game even though I thought we would lose really excited about the season. I really did not think that we were going to win their game but I did think we're gonna make it competitive. Is also of last night's game has me feeling completely deflated