So It Begins... Steelers Visit the Patriots

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Wtf....Tuzar earned his spot.

this is a bad decision, colbert fails again. So what now, Skipper will sign somewhere else, might as well be the pats? Really, he had the best preseason a defender has had here in years and isn't on the team?  FAIL

8 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this is a bad decision, colbert fails again. So what now, Skipper will sign somewhere else, might as well be the pats? Really, he had the best preseason a defender has had here in years and isn't on the team?  FAIL

Even if he ends up on the practice squad it is still a very badd decision

I hope Skipper tears it up somewhere else and embarrasses Colbert even more than he embarrasses himself.

So sick of Colbert and this entire front office.     Cant wait for Ben to retire so we can hit the reset button.    

People can think I am being overly dramatic, but this goes far beyond Skipper.     This team has stagnated in neutral for the last 8 years, and show no signs of learning from past mistakes or making any kind of surge forward.   As @Chieferific stated, no damn foresight whatsoever.

Not trying to be a downer before the game tonight, but thats how much faith I have left in this regime....next to none.     That goes for Art II as well.    

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I hope Skipper tears it up somewhere else and embarrasses Colbert even more than he embarrasses himself.

So sick of Colbert and this entire front office.     Cant wait for Ben to retire so we can hit the reset button.    

People can think I am being overly dramatic, but this goes far beyond Skipper.     This team has stagnated in neutral for the last 8 years, and show no signs of learning from past mistakes or making any kind of surge forward.   As @Chieferific stated, no damn foresight whatsoever.

Not trying to be a downer before the game tonight, but thats how much faith I have left in this regime....next to none.     That goes for Art II as well.    

this is about where I was at last season, especially at the end. Skipper has the best preseason a LB has had here in possibly decades and they let him go? I never liked how they paid dupree and chickillo, and now they let go Skipper. Oh well, thats colbert again. 

Ben though, might play a few more years if he keeps getting his way. Maybe colbert wanted Skipper but ben wanted the WR  to stay on the team ;). The bold I agree with but it appears at least on paper that they tried to help the D for a change, about the only reason I am watching this year because last year was nauseating to say the least. However, this team has been possibly the most talented over the last several years and look at what they have done over the years especially in the playoffs.

bungle in the jungle

questionable call to be alex smith chiefs

matt moore dolphins

not the best playoff teams thats for sure and the only game they actually won decisively was vs moore and the dolphins.

ben has to have everything his way according to some, so lets see if he calls out players etc this season especially after what happened last year. Connor says the vibe of the team is much better, but lets see how this remains during the season when a few losses occur.

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Cutting   Skipper sends the message that it doesn't matter how hard you work as an UN drafted free agent you are not gonna make the roster

Maybe they really want to cut Anthony Chickillo but are just waiting until after the Pats game...we can dream, anyway 

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Cutting   Skipper sends the message that it doesn't matter how hard you work as an UN drafted free agent you are not gonna make the roster

what if the message is " our QB gets what he wants first, so here's a #5 WR"? I don't like the idea of them risking losing Skipper especially considering the help they have needed at OLB and the fact that skipper played a great preseason. I wouldn't be surprised if he is as good as dupree or chickillo eventually if he gets a chance. Right now they are going with what they have had, which is more of a safe way and makes some sense . I would have kept Skipper and tried to trade chickillo or possibly lose a spot somewhere else on the roster, but where other than WR? 

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

Why do you all hate burns so much?

I don't hate him, never met him, not sure if it matters I ever do. I don't think he should be on the team as a CB based on what I have seen and based on what I read he was another RD1 reach/fail from colbert. ST captain, ok, but not CB3, thats a problem in case you missed too many games last year. It's not even burns as much as it is colbert and burns is just the product of colbert. This team has too much leniency for their own higher draft picks, and that needs to end. I doubt many team would have given dupree the 5th year option, nor would they have retained burns, but colbert does. 

Also, I am sick of the lousy secondary here, and CB needs a major improvement as well as safety. Burns is only a part of that, but gets some blame.  I am interested to see how Nelson helps, if he doesn't then consider getting a RD1 CB as well as a proven vet next offseason. Peterson21 might be available for a decent price due to his suspension this year;) but there could be others. I mean, you could get a CB from any team and help this secondary if Burns is the CB3 as he is slated on the depth chart.  When was the last time the secondary was decent? When Troy and Clark and Taylor were out there, so what 5+ years ago? It's a passing league and how does that make sense?

3 hours ago, August4th said:

anyone gonna watch the pregame stuff tonight? that with all the AB talk..like a horror story for a steelers fan lol I'm gonna skip all of that by waiting until 8:20 to turn on NBC for the kickoff

do yourself a favour and just watch he game and mute it as well. They will show brown and kraft in the booth several times and then you will have to hear  colon's-worth go on about brown and the pats/brady. It's bad enough already, why let it go on.

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

There’s no guarantee Skipper gets signed. Chill out, everyone. My goodness.

Also, who saw the Brownies getting absolutely mollywhopped by Tennessee? Not a great start to the Dream Team 2.0. I’m sure they’ll turn it around and be good this year, just funny.

I turned the game on just in time to see the complete and utter collapse. T’was a good time.