So It Begins... Steelers Visit the Patriots

steelcurtain29

Just now, Shady Slim said:

the playcalling hasn't been great but the problem here hasn't been that we're missing ab

rather, moncrief is not good enough in the 2018 juju role

while juju hasn't been able to do much that's only because the pats have been able to have their way with moncrief, meaning they can by extension do what they want with juju

play calling was terrible, thats all I can say. The team is soft, no energy and the OC is ben in disguise. Good luck with all that, I am waiting for ben to start the blame. 

Hip injury for watt, cut moncrief and get skipper back

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

the playcalling hasn't been great but the problem here hasn't been that we're missing ab

rather, moncrief is not good enough in the 2018 juju role

while juju hasn't been able to do much that's only because the pats have been able to have their way with moncrief, meaning they can by extension do what they want with juju

Wrong. AB drove that team in playmaking - big plays or small and schematics. Like we better watch out for AB. This is schematics. Or chess.

JuJu is a slot guy. Not the AB role. As you can see, he can't do it. Moncrief and others can't mitigate that either. 

No OL organization. 

I talked about all of this. 

No Munchak equals no organization. 

No AB equals schematic problems. And they'll stuff the box. 

That shuts down Conner, which makes the Steelers one dimensional. 

With a one dimensional team, an OL in a complete mess, Benn will take sacks. Or, actually, he'll just throw it up. Team player. 

So, he won't chew out his team for sacks because he doesn't plan on taking any. So, he will lead the league in INTs... again

franchise QB... team player... great guy

2 minutes ago, Money said:

Wrong. AB drove that team in playmaking - big plays or small and schematics. Like we better watch out for AB. This is schematics. Or chess.

JuJu is a slot guy. Not the AB role. As you can see, he can't do it. Moncrief and others can't mitigate that either. 

No OL organization. 

and they had what 8 months to get to this point? What a regression to think of it, really bad. Then to see 5 wide when it's 2nd and 1? I might not last the season, was going to stop watching after last season, and thought the D might be much better but they look NO better, I mean worse than last year.  

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

play calling was terrible, thats all I can say. The team is soft, no energy and the OC is ben in disguise. Good luck with all that, I am waiting for ben to start the blame. 

Hip injury for watt, cut moncrief and get skipper back

i think it was @warfelg who said it best, the playcalling was just needlessly conservative; you don't take the pats down at foxborough by not going for it on fourth and inches, or by calling a run play from shotgun on third and one... early in the game we were able to get in to manageable down and distance situations but pissed them away badly... a drop on fourth thrown in there too by moncrief

3 minutes ago, Money said:

No OL organization. 

see no, because in the past two years we've essentially had two WR1's, and they were able to take pressure off each other. now we have a WR1 and WR3's, and so there's nothing to gameplan for aside from the obvious threat in juju... if washington and diontae can come on that'll help, one of the few positives was washington looked closer to his preseason self than his showing from last season

• Like 1