So It Begins... Steelers Visit the Patriots

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, August4th said:

imagine if we got beat down like this to the bengals or browns lol I think we will be fine.(that might change if they play ugly again against sea)

I agree with you completely I'm just sayin  With all of the injuries after having such a healthy off season which by the way was a really big narrative and then getting the snot beat out of us. 

It's funny to hear Dante moncrief say that it was a wake up call because believe me I wish that were true but how many times did the Pittsburgh Steelers got to take an butt kicking like this before that coaching staff actually wakes up

losing to the pats in 2018 fashion - not bad at all - the team was closing in and just collapsed at the end. Not what fans wanted, but it showed they are ready to win.

this game though, a total epic failure. Thats what I don't like, the team had no guts, nobody stepped up and what's in place (players like edmunds, moncrief, dupree and safety, plus OC/ben) looks far from being effective right now anyways. I know the pats are legit, but this game was truly one of the most pathetic games from a steeler team that I can remember.   

I could add Artie Burns to that list above since he will most likely now start as Haden heals. Hopes are that he saves the day or just plays well enough, everyone wishes the best for players here.  Ben has been terrible in september since 2013, so wait until october too really critique his play. It might cost the team in the meantime, but that's what they have on this team. 

still, I would have preferred not signing moncreif, dupree and chickillo, and instead sign E.Thomas and Houston.   I think there was the cap space to make that happen, or it was close enough to rework some contracts to make it happen. 2 leaders and mentors for the youth would help but colbert doesn't recognize that.  Skipper could have stayed as well, what a waste this all looks now. 

Waker up call is a bad sign. To  me, that indicated bad coaching and lack of focus on the players part. Fail on all levels.

Edmunds should be on the hotseat if he continues to miss tackles like that gordon TD, this team needs legit tacklers. 

Who are the DB's in our secondary now? See what's wrong with this picture?

I will toss this out there to let this go away

From and article on BehindtheSteelCurtain

Donte Moncrief on the Steelers' offense after an awful showing: "I think it was a wake-up call – something we needed…It's something I felt I needed." Moncrief caught three passes for 7 yards despite a team-high 10 targets, dropping several contested passes.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) September 9, 2019

Durr, well actually, it’s a good thing that we got our teeth kicked in during a primetime game to which upwards of 15 million viewers tuned in. Buddy, you had seven months to prepare for this game. If you needed someone to shake your tree in THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON, against the REIGNING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS who have won SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS over the past 18 seasons and who your team has NEVER DEFEATED in Foxboro during the Brady/Belichick era, then you were never truly prepared in the first place.

More to the point is the paragraph following Fowler's tweet.

I'm glad I didn't waste money on the NFL Sunday Ticket.  This will be the first year in 27 years that I don't go to the bar or have the NFL Sunday Ticket for EVERY game.  I'm sick of this garbage.  Tomlin has to go.  Screw that political statement that has squandered a decade of an elite QB and overall roster for a good portion of it too.  This game was my litmus test.  If they looked great and could still defy the odds and win in spite of Tommy Boy I might have re-upped.  But nope, that garbage is not worth a penny.

21 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

If they looked great and could still defy the odds and win in spite of Tommy Boy I might have re-upped.

Your litmus test was how a team performed against the all time best coach, and the all time best qb, playing on an all time type of team that actually got BETTER from their championship squad 9 months ago? 

Thats a hell of a place to drawn the line. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I'm glad I didn't waste money on the NFL Sunday Ticket.  This will be the first year in 27 years that I don't go to the bar or have the NFL Sunday Ticket for EVERY game.  I'm sick of this garbage.  Tomlin has to go.  Screw that political statement that has squandered a decade of an elite QB and overall roster for a good portion of it too.  This game was my litmus test.  If they looked great and could still defy the odds and win in spite of Tommy Boy I might have re-upped.  But nope, that garbage is not worth a penny.

Can you elaborate? 

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Can you elaborate? 

I think we might both know what he meant and I think it's a highly inappropriate comment.

Mike Tomlin, imo, wasnt a political statement. He had done a very good overall job but he has his flaws also. He has that in common with people like Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith, heck even Andy Reid. The difference is Tomlin has coached them to a SB victory.

What's frustrating is his unwillingness to learn from past mistakes. But he is still a quality coach.

He is not our coach because of the color of his skin . There I said it directly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I got the easy explanation:

Ben was being an ego statistical *** and trying to feed Moncreif/Switzer with no picks to piss off AB and say "I can make any WR a star".

I don't doubt there were some ego clashing with the so called killer b's but this might be going a bit far. BB took away JJSS and Vmac, then of course the steelers OC did the rest xD. Of course, this could have also included ben influencing the OC choice and his preference of play calling and of course tomlin enables all this.  I will give the pats credit and tomlin credit (for a lousy plan) . I think they could have rushed connor and got him going, but that will NEVER happen with this regime.

Rooney Rule = political statement.  Tommy Boy being hired is the embodiment of it by the creators of it.  I call him Tommy Boy because he's a buffoon, but I really should stop because it's an insult to the late-great Chris Farley.  

He was a crappy coach when in Minnesota.  The D looked better under both Leslie Frazier AND Ted Cotrell, his successor and predecessor respectively.  Absolutely worthless.  He was the one guy mentioned as a possibility for the next HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers that I said oh hell no, anyone but HIM!  Of course they hire him and he's exactly what I thought he was, but even more annoying.  As Cowher's team left, he proved he couldn't coach and develop crap for talent.  The roster was talented for most of his tenure and they won a SB in spite of him.  Whisenhunt was ten times the coach he was, and if they were coaching the opposite teams during that SB, the Steelers would've won in a blowout, not barely squeaking one out.  Whisenhunt's team wasn't nearly as talented, yet still almost won because Tomlin sucks.....if Harrison hadn't free-lanced for that pick-6 before half, they would've lost most likely even as it were.  I think they would've won a few more SBs since then as well if they'd hired Whisenhunt, the competent coach who should've gotten the job.  You guys can like it or not, agree or not, I really don't care.  That is how I see it and that's NEVER going to change one tiny bit.  

23 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Rooney Rule = political statement.  Tommy Boy being hired is the embodiment of it by the creators of it.  I call him Tommy Boy because he's a buffoon, but I really should stop because it's an insult to the late-great Chris Farley.  

He was a crappy coach when in Minnesota.  The D looked better under both Leslie Frazier AND Ted Cotrell, his successor and predecessor respectively.  Absolutely worthless.  He was the one guy mentioned as a possibility for the next HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers that I said oh hell no, anyone but HIM!  Of course they hire him and he's exactly what I thought he was, but even more annoying.  As Cowher's team left, he proved he couldn't coach and develop crap for talent.  The roster was talented for most of his tenure and they won a SB in spite of him.  Whisenhunt was ten times the coach he was, and if they were coaching the opposite teams during that SB, the Steelers would've won in a blowout, not barely squeaking one out.  Whisenhunt's team wasn't nearly as talented, yet still almost won because Tomlin sucks.....if Harrison hadn't free-lanced for that pick-6 before half, they would've lost most likely even as it were.  I think they would've won a few more SBs since then as well if they'd hired Whisenhunt, the competent coach who should've gotten the job.  You guys can like it or not, agree or not, I really don't care.  That is how I see it and that's NEVER going to change one tiny bit.  

Take a hike, Jamie. Nobody wanted your racist garbage 10 years ago and we don't want it now. 

• Like 1