GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

Thursday night, 6 September 2019, 19:20 PM CDT, Soldier Field, ESPN TV

We have all waited 8 months plus for FOOTBALL TO RETURN!! It is our year peeps, let the SUPERBOWL MARCH begin!!!!

Below is a preview:

:

Let's get this **** rolling, WE ARE ALL PUMPED, GO BEARS!!!!

Edited by malagabears
  • Like 2

Excited, Nervous, and just ready to frigging go!

I feel like this will be a lower scoring game than people anticipate.  The Bears D will be bringing it and slow down a first year offense in the Packers. I also think the Packers D will play pretty well with all the new pieces. The lack of a TE threat will make it hard for the Bears O to be consistent, however, but the third quarter I think we'll get on a roll and win by double digits. 

I have a bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong since Denver is notoriously impossible to win in for road teams especially early in the season.

GB played the Bears tough last year despite having next to no one good defensively and a what-seemed-to-be-injured Rodgers. Rodgers is now 100% and they added some decent players defensively + a HC who isn't stuck in 2009.

Packers 21-19

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

My gut tells me that the combination of karma and emotion (first game, home game, prime time) will result in a big Bears win, but with a rivalry like this one, nothing is for certain.

The Packers defense will be improved right out of the gate, but obviously won't be as good as they will be after playing together for a few weeks. The Bears offense will be better as well. Will that make that aspect of the game a wash? We'll see. As for what @beardown3231 said, it's possible that LaFleur will be a step up from McCarthy (as LaFleur isn't stuck in '09), but his scheme may take a few weeks to get rolling, too. I don't foresee many growing pains with Pagano's defense, and Eddie Jackson should be healthy.

• Like 1

I'm so nervous for this game. Completely different feeling going in to this game compared to week 1 of the last few seasons, when you hope we're a good team - now it's an expectation. And I'm feeling the pressure. And I'm just a fan.

Just win please.

On the more positive aspect, so ready for the NFL to be back. Excited to see the starters, especially looking forward to Montgomery and really interested in how Nagy will use Patterson. When I think of how what the atmosphere was like at Soldier Field for the second half of last season it gets me so pumped, this game should be the same. 7-1 at home last season, if the atmosphere is the same we're gonna be tough to beat at Soldier Field again in 2019. That gives me a lot of confidence.

Again... Just win.

Edited by RJ_11

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong since Denver is notoriously impossible to win in for road teams especially early in the season.

GB played the Bears tough last year despite having next to no one good defensively and a what-seemed-to-be-injured Rodgers. Rodgers is now 100% and they added some decent players defensively + a HC who isn't stuck in 2009.

Packers 21-19

There are a few things that should ease your mind here ..

1. Our starters are spring loaded and ready to finally unleash hell onto a real opponent !

2. Patterson will rip off a return or 2 ...or 3 

3. Our running game will be a strength this season !!

4. Nagy and Biscuit will be running much much more of the playbook/subsequent variations that are not on film yet

5. We are at home

6. Wackers are lame and have ugliest unis in sports

6 hours ago, SLCbear said:

There are a few things that should ease your mind here ..

1. Our starters are spring loaded and ready to finally unleash hell onto a real opponent !

2. Patterson will rip off a return or 2 ...or 3 

3. Our running game will be a strength this season !!

4. Nagy and Biscuit will be running much much more of the playbook/subsequent variations that are not on film yet

5. We are at home

6. Wackers are lame and have ugliest unis in sports

7. We have the best OLB in the game and he is hungry and in shape this year.  

8. We have a top 5 DL in game. 

9. We have best ILB duo in game.  (Go watch Roquan play in 2nd Packers game, then go watch Kwit play in first one).  

10. We have best play making safety in the game.

11. We have solid cornerbacks.

12.  Name two better returners than Patterson on KR and Cohen on PR.

13.  Allen Robinson is way, way better this year than most of last year.

14. ALL of our RBs can now catch the football and make a play with it once they do.

15. Aaron Rodgers has a stupid mustache and it raises red flags.

16. Packers are way over rating their FA acquisitions because they are shiny and new.  Elevating them to all-pro status because collectively they are better or something.  They are decent to good journey men players.

17. Floyd is playing for a contract so he is going to give you every thing he has.

BOOM! @beardown3231 We got this!

• Like 3

What thrills me most is the Bears starting front seven saying they haven't actually been able to hit anyone all summer long and none of them played in any of the preseason games or at least not more than a few snaps.

These guys are ready to go out and do some damage now and it's gonna be tough for Rodgers to avoid all of them all game long.  That's just not gonna happen.  The last time we had this many DL and LBs who could all get after a passer it was 1985.

This defense should go into this game also remembering how they let Rodgers off the hook last season and we blew a 20 point lead.  As Nagy says that should be a painful learning experience I don't see being repeated.

If we can run up some points early and force Rodgers to pass I like how I believe that may turn out.  He's gonna have to cope with both Mack and an incentivized Floyd who seems to be playing lighter again, blitzing from Smith, Hicks and an improved Bilal Nichols.

That's a whole lot of people out for your *** every time you drop back to pass and at least two of those guys have more than enough speed to chase him down when he scrambles so extending plays should be much harder.

The key here is to be methodical and not beat ourselves.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1