GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

1 minute ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Hey guys. I was hoping you guys could me some insight on David Montgomery? I am thinking of starting him in my flex spot, but I am worried about this being his first game and how much Nagy and Helfrich will use him early on? My other flex options are T.Y. Hilton and Josh Gordon. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No one knows for sure how much Davis will be used in game 1 or if they just ride the rookie.  Montgomery should get the most RB carries and should get any carries around goal line.

Cohen will for sure get some touches too.

4 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Hey guys. I was hoping you guys could me some insight on David Montgomery? I am thinking of starting him in my flex spot, but I am worried about this being his first game and how much Nagy and Helfrich will use him early on? My other flex options are T.Y. Hilton and Josh Gordon. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bears top fantasy option is probably Robinson, but any week could see one guy or another getting more touches.

Shaheen could vulture TDs in red zone too.   But maybe not game one since he missed a lot of practices.  

35 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Start him with confidence, I am...

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You're wrong.  After I go there and make best good friends, I will be heading to Jerusalem to solve the problems there.  

Could you stop by and fix my brakes first? 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LaFleur told him to keep the mustache so he shaved it.

source.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Yeah, tough to predict game one but between Montgomery and Davis it should be Monty getting more carries and receptions.

There are many here who would shout me down over this as some kind of blasphemer but purely as a runner and receiver I see some Payton type characteristics in Montgomery.  Like Payton he's not a breakaway threat but rather one of those guys whose very tough to tackle and won't go down easy.  And if you need 3 tough yards or a guy whose a dependable scoring threat inside the ten he's it.  Like Payton I think the kid just wills himself to be good.

I have no doubt over the course of the season he'll be our most productive RB but Nagy's offense is driven as much off his passing game as anything so how many runs take place and how they're divided between three capable backs will change from one game to the next. If the Bears open up a lead you may see a lot of Montgomery tonight.

Edited by soulman