GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'm sorry but what drawing board did Nagy and the offensive side have this off season. They started the same way they left off last season.

Fo real. All this talk about his fancy new weapons and what? Nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Overreactions/trolls not withstanding.  Its 1 game the offense is going to gel and get better, hopefully it doesnt take until week 3 this time.  Next week is going to be a big test against a team with a real strong HFA this time of year.  It's a long season fellas, NEs worst record is in Sept, keep that in mind.

This team isn't NE they don't get to have that comparison.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

GM of the year who traded up for Trubs over Watson and Mahomes and COTY on full display. 

Meh, easy to say now but other than me and @G08 I'm having a hard time remembering others here who were big on Mahomes. Pace has built the nest defense that kept a future HOF looking like trash with exception of one drive. He has a lot of talent but this was definitely not a game to brag about. 

Nagy I have no argument on. That was a terrible gameplan and he just left it to Tru to try and make something happen. Tru isn't that guy yet and shouldn't be expected to basically carry the offense with the runners we have. 

HH is looking overrated now to me too, the OL wasn't prepared, first game or not. They also had little push against a dime front. That's a sin. 

Overreactions/trolls not withstanding.  Its 1 game the offense is going to gel and get better, hopefully it doesnt take until week 3 this time.  Next week is going to be a big test against a team with a real strong HFA this time of year.  It's a long season fellas, NEs worst record is in Sept, keep that in mind.

There should be no gelling at this point in time. Few different RB's on offense and everyone else is in their 2nd year in the system. This was beyond brutal and significantly diminishes any hope for this season. Saying otherwise at this point is denying reality.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'm sorry but what drawing board did Nagy and the offensive side have this off season. They started the same way they left off last season.

That's fair, but the offensive concepts are sound, tape dont lie.  The defense is ALWAYS ahead of the offense at the start of the year.  The lack of preseason has an impact, as I keep pointing out, it's a risk assessment.  

I'm not even mad at this loss but glad the fans booed the **** out of the offense. That was pathetic. 

The honey moon is over Mitchy boy. Any more performances like this will get you a first class ticket out of town real quick. 

Long season but Nagy and Mitch better figure it out real quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Gel? How about we use the preseason to gel? All the BS about Mitch graduating to 201 or whatever and being quicker out of the huddle crap. How many delay of game calls? Mitch was horrible and is for sure a bust, we are back to square one.

That's fair, but the offensive concepts are sound, tape dont lie.  The defense is ALWAYS ahead of the offense at the start of the year.  The lack of preseason has an impact, as I keep pointing out, it's a risk assessment.  

You are right the tape doesn't lie, and like I said they are starting off the same way they ended. But I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road and not trending.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Meh, easy to say now but other than me and @G08 I'm having a hard time remembering others here who were big on Mahomes. Pace has built the nest defense that kept a future HOF looking like trash with exception of one drive. He has a lot of talent but this was definitely not a game to brag about. 

Nagy I have no argument on. That was a terrible gameplan and he just left it to Tru to try and make something happen. Tru isn't that guy yet and shouldn't be expected to basically carry the offense with the runners we have. 

HH is looking overrated now to me too, the OL wasn't prepared, first game or not. They also had little push against a dime front. That's a sin. 

It's Paces job to pick the best QB. It is looking more and more like he completely whiffed it and made it worse by trading up.