GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

1 minute ago, Pool said:

There should be no gelling at this point in time. Few different RB's on offense and everyone else is in their 2nd year in the system. This was beyond brutal and significantly diminishes any hope for this season. Saying otherwise at this point is denying reality.

Bc everything changes in the offseason, and you cant duplicate game speed in practice, you just cant.  The rams fans were talking about how sluggish their O looked last year the first couple of games.  1 game doesnt change how good of a roster this team has.  It shouldnt change your opinion.  You dont know what your football team is until October.  If the offense still looks like this then, then it's time to panic.  The Patriots have started 1-3 in 2 of their Superbowl years.  Burn this tape and move on to Denver

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Bc everything changes in the offseason, and you cant duplicate game speed in practice, you just cant.  The rams fans were talking about how sluggish their O looked last year the first couple of games.  1 game doesnt change how good of a roster this team has.  It shouldnt change your opinion.  You dont know what your football team is until October.  If the offense still looks like this then, then it's time to panic.  The Patriots have started 1-3 in 2 of their Superbowl years.  Burn this tape and move on to Denver

Excuses. They weren't sluggish today they were horrendous. Absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible. They should not look that bad ever and it is cause for major concern about Trubs and Nagy and the future of this team. We have seen this movie before many many times. We all know how it turns out. Amazing defense ruined by pathetic offense. I mean, I haven't seen the offense play that poorly since Todd Collins started against Carolina. It was a historically bad performance. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong if that's how they look in ANY game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

Excuses. They weren't sluggish today they were horrendous. Absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible. They should not look that bad ever and it is cause for major concern about Trubs and Nagy and the future of this team. We have seen this movie before many many times. We all know how it turns out. Amazing defense ruined by pathetic offense. I mean, I haven't seen the offense play that poorly since Todd Collins started against Carolina. It was a historically bad performance. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong if that's how they look in ANY game.

I got love for you Supe but this take right here is spot on brother.

Whole offensive side of the ball was a mess. Out of sync the whole first half. Subpar pass blocking. Bad penalties. DOG penalties. Just meh. 

Nagy is gonna get a pretty big pass from the national media because Mitch was not good but, man, our last 35 or so called plays were all passes. In a 1 score game. That just can’t happen. ESPECIALLY when your QB is struggling to settle in - take the pressure off of him a little. Maybe a screen pass or two? It was such a big deal to add RBs who are useful in the passing game. So use them! Mix in a draw? Maybe at some point stretch the field too. GB was sitting on everything at 15 yards. Stretch it out maybe? None of it. 

Performance across the board on offense was suspect at best outside of Robinson, but man did I dislike the way Nagy called the game just as much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

I mean, what did we save Mongomery for all preseason if we’re hardly going to use him in the regular season? Let the kid run the damn ball

Especially against soft boxes.  When they did start running the ball, the offense moved the chains.  Then they went back to throwing every down and the offense stagnated.  

By the everyone, this is your friendly reminder that MT10 statline week 1 2018 was very similar.  0 TD 0 INT 171 yards.  % is pretty close too.