GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

We also saw the same movie last year, resulted in a 12-4 season, pardon me if I'm not ready to hit the panic button.

I'm with you too on this. Believe me. Losing the opening game against a rival defense, we all knew we didn't know what to expect from, is not the end of the world.

That said, how good/bad an offense performs against it's opponents is still relevant and lets face it, the offense was not just below average, but downright terrible. 

Just now, Pool said:

1st game of a new system and basically new qb is easy to excuse. This is not even remotely the same thing.

How about 0 live game reps in 9 months?  We lost week 1 last year, in heartbreaking fashion, due to a play Mack wasnt on the field, when the offense didnt pull their own weight.  Yep it's the same movie.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

You don't mean that so why don't you get the **** out?

I actually do mean that and not trying to be a prick. Your front 7 is incredible. Your QB will play better moving forward. He's not great, but he can manage a game which is all your defense needs. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

How about 0 live game reps in 9 months?  We lost week 1 last year, in heartbreaking fashion, due to a play Mack wasnt on the field, when the offense didnt pull their own weight.  Yep it's the same movie.

It is not even close to the same thing. The excuses last year were valid. This year they are not.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm with you too on this. Believe me. Losing the opening game against a rival defense, we all knew we didn't know what to expect from, is not the end of the world.

That said, how good/bad an offense performs against it's opponents is still relevant and lets face it, the offense was not just below average, but downright terrible. 

No arguments from me, Mitch made 2 downright terrible decisions tonight, one he got away with, and one he didnt.  He made some real big boy throws to put them in position too.  I'm guessing tomorrow after watching the tape Nagy takes full responsibility for this game.  It was terrible playcalling the whole game threw.  I expect better next week. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I actually do mean that and not trying to be a prick. Your front 7 is incredible. Your QB will play better moving forward. He's not great, but he can manage a game which is all your defense needs. 

Last year you said they'll be fighting to get to .500. Now you're saying they're a contender. Get lost

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No arguments from me, Mitch made 2 downright terrible decisions tonight, one he got away with, and one he didnt.  He made some real big boy throws to put them in position too. 

3 if you count mixing together two kinds of soup

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Last year you said they'll be fighting to get to .500. Now you're saying they're a contender. Get lost

Yep! Giving you crap while you were chirping last year. 

I understand you're pissed but I honestly think you'll be in the playoffs. Your offense will get better, even thought the QB is not special and probably never will be. Your a playoff team IMO.