GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Feel like our rb committee won’t be able to ever really catch a stride when they only get 6 carries to prove themselves a game. 

They dared us to run and they dared us to throw. We failed at both. I just can't for the life of me figure out what in the heck Nagy was thinking for the majority of those play calls. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Yep! Giving you crap while you were chirping last year. 

I understand you're pissed but I honestly think you'll be in the playoffs. Your offense will get better, even thought the QB is not special and probably never will be. Your a playoff team IMO. 

They were suppose to be better. Going on another long slow “improvement tour” wasn’t suppose to be this season.

This was suppose to be 202 as Nagy like to reference.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I hope they use this game to put away the press clippings and good vibes from last season.

That was a pathetic effort from everyone except the defense.

^^^^^

All this, Allen Robinson and David Montgomery can feel good about their efforts in the film room tomorrow, EVERYONE else, right down to the coaches, should feel ashamed.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

They were suppose to be better. Going on another long slow “improvement tour” wasn’t suppose to be this season.

Dude, go back and look at the Saints in week 1 last year. Then look how they won in week 2. They were a whisker away from 0-2 and in a downward spiral. It's one game, albeit against your biggest rival, but one game. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

Slow improvement tour isnt really a fair description of last year.  It took 3 weeks to come together, then they exploded and didnt really look back until Mitch's injury.  

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Dude, go back and look at the Saints in week 1 last year. Then look how they won in week 2. They were a whisker away from 0-2 and in a downward spiral. It's one game, albeit against your biggest rival, but one game. 

I cant believe your being the voice of reason here.  The teams that sit their starters start real slow and I keep saying you dont know what your team is until Oct.

I know Bears fans want to believe, but the excuse-making isn't based in reality.

This is his 3rd year as a pro. He was the 1st QB drafted. The Bears have invested extensively in a group of players and coaches to support him. We've seen little improvement since year 1. We've seen few standout qualities that say, "This guy is special."

The Bears should be winning games because of Trubisky. They should be able to put the ball in his hands and watch him make plays to win the game. Instead we're left hoping the rest of the team can bring Mitch along for the ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A couple things I'm not seeing being mentioned here is the loss of Callahan and Amos. Bush gave up 2 big plays on the TD drive and Skrine missed a crucial tackle and gave up 2 plays to keep drives going.

Looking at the all-22 is gonna be interesting to see.

Callahan is on IR just like he ended last year, not really concerned about that.  Bush I have no idea what he was doing or why Eddie wasnt on the field.  Rodgers saw Mack and Eddie weren't there and he took advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

They have a HOF QB. We DONT.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I know Bears fans want to believe, but the excuse-making isn't based in reality.

This is his 3rd year as a pro. He was the 1st QB drafted. The Bears have invested extensively in a group of players and coaches to support him. We've seen little improvement since year 1. We've seen few standout qualities that say, "This guy is special."

The Bears should be winning games because of Trubisky. They should be able to put the ball in his hands and watch him make plays to win the game. Instead we're left hoping the rest of the team can bring Mitch along for the ride.

As much as I had faith in him, I must admit,  Mitch is a bust.