GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nope. You're reading things between the lines that dont exist.

Dont comment about "what you think I'm thinking" - rather, respond to the actual comment.

In any case, I've devoted enough brain power to HHCD. He's not worth it anymore. He's your problem now.

Good luck in 2019. The Bears still suck....but I dont wish their fans ill :)

Oh Jeezus H Christ and his brother Harry.

Everything you've posted so far has implied exactly that in spades.  I don't even have to read between the lines, you state it all clearly enough with every post you make just as the one I bold faced above. You see a problem, we see an opportunity to improve.

I actually enjoy debating with Packer fans especially since I spent 15 years of my life living there doing it every fall and also because half my nuclear family are also obsessive Packer fans; 2 daughters, 1 grandson, a sister and brother in law, and I can't even count how many good friends from my days as a Tundran resident transplant from Chicago.

What I don't enjoy is any GB fan who actually believes he knows more about the Bears or how we might be a little different than GB in some respects which may change entirely how a former Packer may perform in our defense.  It's all speculation that will become a reality soon enough.  Both teams got players they feel are better fits for their defense at prices they were willing to pay.  It's that simple.

• Like 1

I hope he is a playmaker but if not - especially if he shows up weak vs the run when needed -  then Bush will take his spot and will not relinquish it. Bush has seemed solid but more of a traditional banger SS, he made plays against reserves this preseason but seemed to be able to hold his own against starters last year. I personally still feel Bush will enter the 2020 season as the Bears' starting SS, and HHCD finds himself with a slightly bigger contract. He is the 9th-10th best player on the Bears defense, so him not being great isn't much of a concern.

Pagano used dime more than any other DC when he was a DC IIRC, so I believe that he will show some comfort in doing so again with Bush finding himself on the field and more towards the LOS while HHCD gets a deep coverage assignment. Plays to both of their strengths and keeps enough physicality on the field that it shouldn't be a hindrance for draws and scrambling QBs.

And one simple question.

When is this Amos vs HHCD saga of debates ever gonna end?  So.....Packer Backers.  If that's all ya' got, stay home, enjoy a cheese brat and be happy.  Ya' got a good football player in Adrian Amos.  He's no stud but he's a solid SS who won't hurt you. 

We're OK with HHC-D.

They aren't even similar as players so why should one be expected to do what the other does or vice versa?

I'm gettin' really bored with this "Our guy's a stud but your guy's a dud" stuff.  It's all worthless hoo ha and icon_bsflag.gif

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, soulman said:

And one simple question.

When is this Amos vs HHCD saga of debates ever gonna end?  So.....Packer Backers.  If that's all ya' got, stay home, enjoy a cheese brat and be happy.  Ya' got a good football player in Adrian Amos.  He's no stud but he's a solid SS who won't hurt you. 

We're OK with HHC-D.

They aren't even similar as players so why should one be expected to do what the other does or vice versa?

I'm gettin' really bored with this "Our guy's a stud but your guy's a dud" stuff.  It's all worthless hoo ha and icon_bsflag.gif

Same with the bickering on twitter between fans. I think we should all know by now that Aaron Nagler is a pure genius, a true expert if you will. God forbid saying anything anti-Packers to him because then the clown dives into "your team took Trubisky over Mahomes." WOW GOOD ONE. Consequently Bears fans continue to go at him, mostly of the dumb breed, and continue to fight with him. Nothing will ever convince one fan base so why continue? It's honestly disgusting to read every week. 

20 hours ago, Nads786 said:
On 9/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, beardown3231 said:

Wow they have some bad injury luck as of late.

This is actually the healthiest I can ever remember GB heading into a season. Our worst two injuries were to a depth WR (EB) and our #4 rookie TE. 

Really, we've had really good injury "luck" so far this year and there's no excuses heading into tomorrow night ;)

*edit - forgot about Oren Burks. He is likely the biggest loss of the pre-season as he was slated to be ILB #2.

Edited by incognito_man

3 hours ago, soulman said:

These guys are making solid arguments but I think they're missing the point because they don't know enough about the Bears secondary.

What was expected of HHC-D in GB and what's expected of him now may not be even close to the same.

Plus we aren't stuck if he fails to meet expectations.  If that happens Bush starts and C-Dix sits or gets used in dime packages and where we might play two deep at Safety.  Both players give us multiple options.

That's the key, right there. I also don't find it impossible that McManis could ball out at safety, either. There are options. 

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, HHCD was my least favorite Packer his last 2 seasons in GB, he played like a b*tch. That being said, that **** is not going to fly with this Chicago defense, as many of you mentioned, he can be easily replaced by Bush.  He did end up in probably the best spot he could've, being surrounded by talent on one of the best defenses in the league. 

I think the fact that the front seven is going to apply better, more consistent pressure than Green Bay's ever did is the main reason Pace even thought about signing HHCD.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Also I am perfectly fine when you guys come here, I welcome it in fact.  It inspires discussion.  But don't have a cow when I go there and make a comment.  

That's simply not happening, so let's just let that notion die without further comment. By and large, I agree with your first notion there, too. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Every FA in the history of FA signings is asked and gives the same answers to those powder puff questions and fans eat them up. 

Yeah, that's true. But the Bears defense is special, which kinda makes those comments a little more realistic, as far as I'm concerned. We can agree to disagree, though. Another thing to consider is that he and Eddie Jackson are tight, so that factors into him saying things like that, too. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

There was dysfunction in Green Bay. Its name was HHCD.   

Well, actually...no, dude. Your head coach got fired last year. Lots of other stuff was flying around during HHCD's tenure there. I don't want to go into it, but we both know what I'm saying is true. I'm not vindicating HHCD, or even claiming what you were getting at was totally false. But it wasn't that simple, let's be real. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's the key, right there. I also don't find it impossible that McManis could ball out at safety, either. There are options. 

I think the fact that the front seven is going to apply better, more consistent pressure than Green Bay's ever did is the main reason Pace even thought about signing HHCD.

That's simply not happening, so let's just let that notion die without further comment. By and large, I agree with your first notion there, too. 

Yeah, that's true. But the Bears defense is special, which kinda makes those comments a little more realistic, as far as I'm concerned. We can agree to disagree, though. Another thing to consider is that he and Eddie Jackson are tight, so that factors into him saying things like that, too. 

Well, actually...no, dude. Your head coach got fired last year. Lots of other stuff was flying around during HHCD's tenure there. I don't want to go into it, but we both know what I'm saying is true. I'm not vindicating HHCD, or even claiming what you were getting at was totally false. But it wasn't that simple, let's be real. 

I totally missed the fact that he blamed HHCD for the locker room mess. Again, what a fan base (and I'm usually hard on other Bears fans but this is a whole new level of idiocy).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I would agree with you more on that if the Redskins had kept HHCD and been happy with him but you have two teans who spent draft picks & cut their losses on the guy. He could only manage a minimum one year deal from the other 30 teams in the league.  That tells me all I have to know about who was a problem last year. That being said I think he went to the perfect place to succeed. 

If he ever does get paid a big contract again I have no doubt whoever signs him to that contract will regret it. 

As a Packer fan, I believe Clinton Dix will probably be a pretty good player for the Bears.

My personal belief is that the Green Bay secondary had attitude issues as y'all have alluded to, and while I have no proof of it, I think Clinton Dix was caught up in it.  The team couldn't wait to get rid of Randall, and they pitched Clinton Dix before the season was over as well.

I would guess that the change of scenery after an off season to get his head together should result in better play.

Hopefully it will be a good game and neither team loses any key players to injury.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I would agree with you more on that if the Redskins had kept HHCD and been happy with him but you have two teans who spent draft picks & cut their losses on the guy. He could only manage a minimum one year deal from the other 30 teams in the league.  That tells me all I have to know about who was a problem last year. That being said I think he went to the perfect place to succeed. 

If he ever does get paid a big contract again I have no doubt whoever signs him to that contract will regret it. 

Or maybe he had a 2 (or 3) year deal elsewhere for either less AAV or behind a worse front 7 and figured he'd take his chances here and parlay it into a bigger deal.

But I know you were there behind the scenes with him and his agent, middle man on their text conversations if you will, so pardon me.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Or maybe he had a 2 (or 3) year deal elsewhere for either less AAV or behind a worse front 7 and figured he'd take his chances here and parlay it into a bigger deal.

But I know you were there behind the scenes with him and his agent, middle man on their text conversations if you will, so pardon me.

Agree to disagree then. Not really worth debating it any further anyway.