GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Same with the bickering on twitter between fans. I think we should all know by now that Aaron Nagler is a pure genius, a true expert if you will. God forbid saying anything anti-Packers to him because then the clown dives into "your team took Trubisky over Mahomes." WOW GOOD ONE. Consequently Bears fans continue to go at him, mostly of the dumb breed, and continue to fight with him. Nothing will ever convince one fan base so why continue? It's honestly disgusting to read every week. 

So who the phoc is Aaron Nagler and why does anyone care what he says?

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:
5 hours ago, Leader said:

There was dysfunction in Green Bay. Its name was HHCD.   

Well, actually...no, dude. Your head coach got fired last year. Lots of other stuff was flying around during HHCD's tenure there. I don't want to go into it, but we both know what I'm saying is true. I'm not vindicating HHCD, or even claiming what you were getting at was totally false. But it wasn't that simple, let's be real. 

This is typical of certain "individuals" who always look for a source to blame for any problem and so much the better if that source is now seen as "your problem".  It's never gonna be "their problem".

How much different would this story be if was we who had signed Amos and claimed that he was far better than HHC-D whom we then describe as a lazy ***** who won't play tough or make tackles?  Then they'd defend C-Dix.

It's all just a psychological game that type plays and the way to handle it is by not allowing them to frame the debate in their own way to begin with because they will surely do it if you let them.  Every single one comes with the same opening, you guys are screwed with HHCD.

Whenever I alter it's course or focus with facts or point out some of their biased thinking they'll deny it's what they said or as in today I'm putting words in their mouth.  The hell I am.  I don't have to.  Their points are always figuratively made in bold faced type and their implications are so clear an eight year old could understand them.

The bottom line is the Bears have finally caught up to and are surpassing their Packers again and it stings their pride.  It's only happened about every 20 years or so so I'd say it's about time.

15 minutes ago, soulman said:

This is typical of certain "individuals" who always look for a source to blame for any problem and so much the better if that source is now seen as "your problem".  It's never gonna be "their problem".

How much different would this story be if was we who had signed Amos and claimed that he was far better than HHC-D whom we then describe as a lazy ***** who won't play tough or make tackles?  Then they'd defend C-Dix.

It's all just a psychological game that type plays and the way to handle it is by not allowing them to frame the debate in their own way to begin with because they will surely do it if you let them.  Every single one comes with the same opening, you guys are screwed with HHCD.

Whenever I alter it's course or focus with facts or point out some of their biased thinking they'll deny it's what they said or as in today I'm putting words in their mouth.  The hell I am.  I don't have to.  Their points are always figuratively made in bold faced type and their implications are so clear an eight year old could understand them.

The bottom line is the Bears have finally caught up to and are surpassing their Packers again and it stings their pride.  It's only happened about every 20 years or so so I'd say it's about time.

True dat, let's hope after Rodgers is done they go back to being their regular suckish selfs...  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dafreak said:

True dat, let's hope after Rodgers is done they go back to being their regular suckish selfs...  :)

Rodger and Favre before him have carried many a rather mediocre cast of players and in truth the NFL did their part as well because the Packers winning was seen as good for the NFL as a whole just as in the '30s and early '40s the Bears winning was good for the NFL as a whole.  Every league needs it's heroes and legends but that will always be in a state of periodic change.

Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are still holding onto their heroes status but for how much longer?  Two are in the 40s and Rodgers is sneaking up on it albeit slowly.  He's still very very good but we can already see how his mobility is beginning to decline as an accumulation of injuries pile up just as it did with Favre.  Rodgers has reached his peak and the NFL is seeking new heroes and legends to be.

Mahomes is currently at the top of that list with others like Wentz, Prescott, Watson, and even Mitch trailing.  But all it takes is a couple of championships or even near misses, like with Manning, to become one.  The old guard is on their way out and the new potential heroes to be are already here attempting to ascend.  Some will and some won't but they won't all fail and the view will shift.

It is virtually impossible for GB to get so fortunate that they would have yet a third HOF level QB fall in their laps.  So they're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way and build a team that isn't so QB dependent.  The problem for them is that historically when they have lacked that truly brilliant and talented QB; Starr > Favre > Rodgers, they have not been a very good football team.

The winds of change have settled on the NFCN again and some Packer Fans are unwilling to accept that.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

So ignore him!  Another good reason I don't use Twitter......sheesh.

I think you misunderstand. I do ignore him. Unfortunately there are a lot of great twitter follows that if I unfollowed them for their interactions with this stroke, I'd be missing out on great content. I wish they would stop.

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think you misunderstand. I do ignore him. Unfortunately there are a lot of great twitter follows that if I unfollowed them for their interactions with this stroke, I'd be missing out on great content. I wish they would stop.

Oh you're fine.  Ignore him wasn't necessarily a singular suggestion for you alone.

But asking me to ever buy into any "others do so I have to" defense is always gonna be a non-starter with me.  Don't blame the masses unless all of your mirrors are broken and even then.....go buy one.

Hear me out......just WTF do you think we all did before there was an internet and social media swamps like Twitter?

We spoke with others face to face with our mouths and tongues instead of our fingers and a keyboard and we closed our doors in the presence of aholes like that guy.

Now, get your busted *** space ship offa my lawn.  ;)

men-in-black-1997-18.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm hoping Sowell doesn't somehow find himself getting too many reps. If we have a reserve OT out there and he becomes the 'OT3' to that side to help out then fine, but he shouldn't probably get more than 10 reps on offense per game realistically.

I have no idea how Pagano will want to use Kwiat, he is a guy who can attack but if he has to go laterally he can be abused.

God I hope not either. I've hated the idea of moving him to TE from the jump. The only scenario that I could see him being used in a valuable way is on goal line situations to disguise what the offense is running. But that doesn't justify moving him the TE position because Nagy could just as easily declare him as a receiver prior to the snap whether he's running the ball out of heavy set or a play-action or run-option. 

Far too often we see coaches trying to get too cute and that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news and I hope this never happens to Nagy during a key moment in game that potentially costs us. 

And you hit the nail on the head about Kwiat. He's a good 2nd-level interior run defender but if the outside blockers get beat off the snap and the runner sees and hits that's lane then Kwiats toast because he is strictly a downhill linebacker. We seen this happen last year in week 1 against the Pack on the first or second drive when he allowed Jones to go by him for 15-20 yards or so.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Oh you're fine.  Ignore him wasn't necessarily a singular suggestion for you alone.

But asking me to ever buy into any "others do so I have to" defense is always gonna be a non-starter with me.  Don't blame the masses unless all of your mirrors are broken and even then.....go buy one.

Hear me out......just WTF do you think we all did before there was an internet and social media swamps like Twitter?

We spoke with others face to face with our mouths and tongues instead of our fingers and a keyboard and we closed our doors in the presence of aholes like that guy.

Now, get your busted *** space ship offa my lawn.  ;)

men-in-black-1997-18.png

Yes sir! If we had an issue with someone we either dealt with it when we saw them the next day or two. Or, in most cases, by the time we crossed paths again we both damn near forgot about what we were fighting about in the first place and went and had a drink together. 23 years later I'm still good friends with one of my worst enemies til this day. And I'm talking fists, guns and knife fights between us and not just petty bickering either. (And yes, the younger generation could learn a thing or two from that). 

But I'm showing my age now so I'll stop with the preaching lol.

Now....

get+off+my+lawn.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes sir! If we had an issue with someone we either dealt with it when we saw them the next day or two. Or, in most cases, by the time we crossed paths again we both damn near forgot about what we were fighting about in the first place and went and had a drink together. 23 years later I'm still good friends with one of my worst enemies til this day. And I'm talking fists, guns and knife fights between us and not just petty bickering either. (And yes, the younger generation could learn a thing or two from that). 

But I'm showing my age now so I'll stop with the preaching lol.

Now....

get+off+my+lawn.jpg

One reason I preach and then laugh about is that for all too many years I worked daily with a whole bunch of crazed Packer fans and even though neither team was a winner very often then the Monday's after a Packers vs Bears game were brutal.  A bloody verbal scrum of curses and insults that would make a nun pale and priest turn from the cloth.

Then the next weekend would come and we'd each be saying stuff to one another like "you guys might wanna think about getting your **** together and beating the Vikings for a change" to be responded to with "oh yeah well just stuff it and beat Detroit for once in your lives".  And then we'd party together and bless each others children 'til the next time.  LOL

When I say that the majority of my family are Packer fans that is no lie either.  They are, and my oldest daughter is among the most obsessive.

I told this story before but it's worth sharing again.

Roughly 15 years ago shortly after my grandson was born I sent a tiny Bears tee shirt to her for him.  She doused it with lighter fluid then sent me a photo of it burning. :P

Then about a week later I get a package from her in the mail.  I open it and inside along with a note are the ashes.  Now that's what I call being really vicious. icon_rofl.gif

53 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Burton questionable at gametime.

As expected.  In his presser Nagy made a point of saying that with our without him they're prepared now so that no single injury to a key player can impact their game plan as badly as it did vs Philly in that playoff game.

So it's apparent Nagy and Helrich have devised alternatives using others in Burton's role if he's not able to play and I would say the same is probably true at other key skill positions as well.  We have some true depth now.

Edited by soulman

18 hours ago, Leader said:

There was dysfunction in Green Bay. Its name was HHCD.   

I think you meant Aaron Rodgers.  

"Don't be the problem Aaron."  Weren't a Bears fan had uttered that little nugget don't ya know. 

Hope there is no adversity or disagreements this year.  As long you go undefeated I am sure there will be no issues.