GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I most def will be posting it and I can't wait for it to be released tomorrow either. Because after going through the TV version of the game again today and taking meticulous notes on certain things I'm gonna also include a very lengthy, detailed, "FU" write-up to both Nagy and the entire offense about how pissed off I am at how awful they really were last night.

Along with a couple of players on defense as well--although watching the all-22, where I can see much more of what was going, may end up being better than they looked on TV.

Hell, I have so much I wanna get off my chest that it may seriously take me 3 days to put together. No joke.

And I for one will be looking forward to it.

I've only see a few highlights with an analysis of how GB decided to defend us.  From that one thing is certain.  Pettine saw Nagy comin' a from a mile away and had the perfect idea to stop him cold and he did.

We were out coached so badly even the worst Fox could do may still come out ahead of this one.

Nagy's own addictions and cockiness were a huge "tell" and Pettine took advantage of it.

I posted something prior to the game I believed was the best way to win that game.  We were confident the defense could limit what Rodgers could do and they did.  Most of his success came from playing school yard football and improvising including the bomb HHC-D failed to defend.  We held the great Aaron Rodgers to 200 yds passing and 10 lousy points.  That was plenty good enough to win.

All we had to do was run a very methodical ball control scheme using Montgomery and Davis both as backs and receivers and chip away 5-6 yards at a time eat up the clock and keep Rodgers on the bench and we saw none of that.  Nagy had his mind made up he was gonna challenge them through the air, they were ready for it, he refused to adapt, and got sucked in just as Pettine figured he would.

Sooo.....once again we got beat by GB NOT because they're the better team but because Nagy got out coached by a rookie HC and his DC and THAT is something I am getting really bored with watching.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I most def will be posting it and I can't wait for it to be released tomorrow either. Because after going through the TV version of the game again today and taking meticulous notes on certain things I'm gonna also include a very lengthy, detailed, "FU" write-up to both Nagy and the entire offense about how pissed off I am at how awful they really were last night.

Along with a couple of players on defense as well--although watching the all-22, where I can see much more of what was going, may end up being better than they looked on TV.

Hell, I have so much I wanna get off my chest that it may seriously take me 3 days to put together. No joke.

So can you say who you are talking about on defense, I'm interested in this.

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I posted something prior to the game I believed was the best way to win that game.  We were confident the defense could limit what Rodgers could do and they did.  Most of his success came from playing school yard football and improvising including the bomb HHC-D failed to defend. 

HHC-D wasn't on the field for that play, having been replaced by Bush I believe.

8 minutes ago, soulman said:

Guess I have to go back and look.  I swore it was #20.

Isn't HHC-D is #21?

Amukamara is #20.

They looked from the TV feed to be single high safety which I think was Jackson.  I am not sure where Jackson ended up with regards to responsibility on the play.  Bush was down low and was unable to get back and assist.

Scantling is deceptively fast.  I can't blame Amukamara because if Scantling gets going, he is hard to keep up with.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

24 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Isn't HHC-D is #21?

Amukamara is #20.

They looked from the TV feed to be single high safety which I think was Jackson.  I am not sure where Jackson ended up with regards to responsibility on the play.  Bush was down low and was unable to get back and assist.

Scantling is deceptively fast.  I can't blame Amukamara because if Scantling gets going, he is hard to keep up with.

You're right.  Bush is #26 and I misread the jersey number.  Prince Amukamara is #20 but I don't believe it was him.  Have to see it again.

Just now, soulman said:

You're right.  Bush is #26 and I misread the jersey number.  Prince Amukamara is #20 but I don't believe it was him.  Have to see it again.

It was definitely Amukamara in man coverage.

I just don't know the safety alignments for sure since the numbers aren't all visible, and the high safety never comes into view.  I know Jackson was on the field, but I never saw what he was up to.

Once the all 22 comes out it will all be clearer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

So can you say who you are talking about on defense, I'm interested in this.

Bush and Prince.

18 hours ago, soulman said:

And I for one will be looking forward to it.

I've only see a few highlights with an analysis of how GB decided to defend us.  From that one thing is certain.  Pettine saw Nagy comin' a from a mile away and had the perfect idea to stop him cold and he did.

We were out coached so badly even the worst Fox could do may still come out ahead of this one.

Nagy's own addictions and cockiness were a huge "tell" and Pettine took advantage of it.

I posted something prior to the game I believed was the best way to win that game.  We were confident the defense could limit what Rodgers could do and they did.  Most of his success came from playing school yard football and improvising including the bomb HHC-D failed to defend.  We held the great Aaron Rodgers to 200 yds passing and 10 lousy points.  That was plenty good enough to win.

All we had to do was run a very methodical ball control scheme using Montgomery and Davis both as backs and receivers and chip away 5-6 yards at a time eat up the clock and keep Rodgers on the bench and we saw none of that.  Nagy had his mind made up he was gonna challenge them through the air, they were ready for it, he refused to adapt, and got sucked in just as Pettine figured he would.

Sooo.....once again we got beat by GB NOT because they're the better team but because Nagy got out coached by a rookie HC and his DC and THAT is something I am getting really bored with watching.

Yes sir. He did get out-coached.....and badly too! Nagy beat him last year by creating good match-ups mixed with the speed on offense. This year Pettine said "uh uh...not again. I'm gonna beat fire with fire! You wanna use Cohen's speed against a linebacker....well screw that, I'm gonna send out 6 backs all night to match it". 

Basically one coordinator adjusted and the other did not. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Isn't HHC-D is #21?

Amukamara is #20.

Prince got beat one on one in man coverage while Bush committed the ultimate sin by letting the Scantling get so far behind him in his zone that he couldn't recover in time to help. I don't know why Bush was just standing there until he saw Rodgers starting to throw because there was literally nobody for him to cover on his side of the field??? 

All in all, it was just a good play call by Lefluer, good execution by the offense and a poor play by Bush. 

Defense was in cover-2.  The play-action caused both Jackson and Bush to freeze and step forward a bit. Lewis' ran a clear out route up the seam to draw Jackson away from center field while Scantling came across over the top at the same time beating Prince who was in man coverage. 

Again Bush can't let plays like that happen. The cover-2 is designed to take away big plays by using both safeties to cover 1/2 of the field to keep all the plays in front of them at all times. 

Not too upset at Prince on that play for the same reason you stated because he's not gonna keep up with a receiver who runs a 4.3, running all the way across field-- especially when he is expecting help over the top.  

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Bush I definitely agree with, Prince I didn't see enough of. But I'll be looking forward to what you have to say after watching the All22.

He left some plays out there from what I could tell on the TV version. Some of his mistakes were masked by either dropped passed, poor route running, poor throws by Rodgers or cleaned up by his teammates. But, like I said earlier, I'll get a better view when I watch the all-22. Which was released today at 12pm est, according to the option for it, but for some reason it's still hasn't worked all day. ¬¬ www.brokenwebsite.com

• Like 1