GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually, you've never heard any such thing about Amos from me. I've not seen enough of him to make the statements. HHCD I saw plenty of.

Take it / respond to it as Packer/Bear fans "giving each other ****" - or just a simple comment based on observation.

Something will have to change in HHCDs approach for him NOT to perform as he has for a few years now. Can he do it? Sure. Will he? Cant say.

Your FO certainly wasnt convinced before they signed him either. One thing HHCD will give you: he'll play every week. The guys never injured - which speaks more to his lack of hitting than his physical strength or health. In any case, your FO gave a "last chance" contract to the guy.   

How do you know what Nagy and Pace felt?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

You must be thinking of somebody else's comment.

I dont consider HHCD "irreplaceable"

I addressed myself to you and only you so I'm not thinking of anyone else but you, trust me.

You're posting as if we're stuck with him playing if he doesn't perform as we expect and that's not the case.  He has a backup who played well enough both in the late 2018 season and in the 2019 preseason to take his place if that makes more sense.

C-Dix could easily end up being as much vet depth and a spot player in certain packages as a starter.  We have the personnel to make that happen if necessary.

That was my point.

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think that’s the case - they gave him what they could without compromising their ability to keep their own studs coming up for extension next offseason. 

Clearly the CHI FO didnt pay HHCD like he was a valuable commodity they suddenly had the chance to tie down going forward.

No.

They game him a one year salary reduction.

Odd for a guy.....a supposed "stud" in his prime IMO. Those guys you tie down long term. ESPECIALLY if they give you 16 games every year. Those are the guys you dont let go.

Green Bay did.
Washington did.
And barring a turn around in performance that lead those two organizations to show him the door, I suspect CHI will as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, HHCD was my least favorite Packer his last 2 seasons in GB, he played like a b*tch. That being said, that **** is not going to fly with this Chicago defense, as many of you mentioned, he can be easily replaced by Bush.  He did end up in probably the best spot he could've, being surrounded by talent on one of the best defenses in the league. 

Anywho, only roughly 30hrs til game time. I wish I could sleep til kickoff!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

You're posting as if we're stuck with him playing if he doesn't perform.....

Nope. You're reading things between the lines that dont exist.

Dont comment about "what you think I'm thinking" - rather, respond to the actual comment.

In any case, I've devoted enough brain power to HHCD. He's not worth it anymore. He's your problem now.

Good luck in 2019. The Bears still suck....but I dont wish their fans ill :)

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You have no choice but to play Haha deep.  He's not nearly physical enough to play in the box and doesn't tackle or take angles well. In the slot we tried to use him there and he just can't cover man to man. Teams would go trips on us in the red zone to pull Haha down onto the slot guy and they'd run that guy on a post, and I swear by the time we traded him teams must've been 6/6 for 6 TDs doing that to us. He'd get beat every time. 

What you're hoping you get is 2016 Haha. A guy many Packers fans thought was a long term staple of this team and a future leader of the D. The moment he was announced as a Pro Bowler that year his play slipped and never recovered. Almost like he thought the Pro Bowl trip earned him a mega deal and he could coast the next few season into a new deal. What he since then was the king of intercepting poorly thrown balls and tipped passes and living off past hype. The fact the Packers only had Brice and Tramon behind him and still dealt him and then Washington gave up a 4th for him and didn't attempt to re-sign him says a lot about what he's sadly become. He deserves all the criticism his past 2 years of play has gotten him, you just have to hope he's been forced to eat some humble pie and get back to what he was. I was hoping that for him (until he signed with you) because he is genuinely a good dude.

Fair enough.  I haven't watched all his games, but I watched every play in 3 of his games in 2018 with GB and Washington and if memory serves he wasn't nearly disaster in coverage that you say.  Especially when he wasn't deep.   

I think it's unfair to say that all his interceptions are off bad throws.  I guess vast majority of any interceptions are result of a bad throw.  

I'll also add that most DBs drop interceptions. That's why they are DBs and not WRs.   I can't remember HHCD dropping an INT.  

Also I am perfectly fine when you guys come here, I welcome it in fact.  It inspires discussion.  But don't have a cow when I go there and make a comment.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think that’s the case - they gave him what they could without compromising their ability to keep their own studs coming up for extension next offseason. 

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:
27 minutes ago, Leader said:

In any case, your FO gave a "last chance" contract to the guy. 

You can take this anyway you like brother but what makes you think you know more about what happened as far as the offer to Amos went than we do?  Pace is very tight lipped and doesn't negotiate in the media so all you can do is about the same as we can do, make an assumption. But in our case we have more knowledge of how Pace operates.

As he typically does with any player Pace offered a deal based on how he valued Amos in our defense.  He could have offered more if he truly believed Amos was worth it.  He made an offer.  Amos got a better one from GB and decided to take it.  There's no more mystery to it now that that.  I'm happy for the guy. He gave 100% his entire career here.

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually, you've never heard any such thing about Amos from me. I've not seen enough of him to make the statements. HHCD I saw plenty of.

Take it / respond to it as Packer/Bear fans "giving each other ****" - or just a simple comment based on observation.

Something will have to change in HHCDs approach for him NOT to perform as he has for a few years now. Can he do it? Sure. Will he? Cant say.

Your FO certainly wasnt convinced before they signed him either. One thing HHCD will give you: he'll play every week. The guys never injured - which speaks more to his lack of hitting than his physical strength or health. In any case, your FO gave a "last chance" contract to the guy.   

He likes his teammates here in Chicago. He like the atmosphere surrounding he team. He likes his coaches. From what I understand there was dysfunction in Green Bay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

He likes his teammates here in Chicago. He like the atmosphere surrounding he team. He likes his coaches. From what I understand there was dysfunction in Green Bay.

Every FA in the history of FA signings is asked and gives the same answers to those powder puff questions and fans eat them up. 

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

From what I understand there was dysfunction in Green Bay.

This is true and it stems from HHCD - who had more freedom to make plays than any other.....

Not closing down WRs.
Not attacking the ball carrier.
Not attacking the ball while in the air.
Not "hitting" anybody with ill intent. Ronnie Lott this guy wasnt. 

There was dysfunction in Green Bay. Its name was HHCD.   
His play in center field was unemcumbered by any of the "noise" - he just didnt make plays.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Clearly the CHI FO didnt pay HHCD like he was a valuable commodity they suddenly had the chance to tie down going forward.

No.

They game him a one year salary reduction.

Odd for a guy.....a supposed "stud" in his prime IMO. Those guys you tie down long term. ESPECIALLY if they give you 16 games every year. Those are the guys you dont let go.

Green Bay did.
Washington did.
And barring a turn around in performance that lead those two organizations to show him the door, I suspect CHI will as well.

GB let him go rather than to extend his rookie contract just as we did with Amos so I would guess in both cases both GMs believed both players were not worth the cost of retaining them, right?

The only difference is you got something for C-Dix in trade.

Washington was willing to re-sign him longer term but for far less than C-Dix believed he was worth.  So he's opted to bet on himself and took a one year deal for short money so he can become a FA again in 2020.

It's that simple so why are you trying to over complicate it all for the sake of trying to back your argument that you may have stolen Amos from us while we're getting screwed signing C-Dix?

You're using twisted logic.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is true and it stems from HHCD - who had more freedom to make plays than any other.....

Not closing down WRs.
Not attacking the ball carrier.
Not attacking the ball while in the air.
Not "hitting" anybody with ill intent. Ronnie Lott this guy wasnt. 

There was dysfunction in Green Bay. Its name was HHCD.   
His play in center field was unemcumbered by any of the "noise" - he just didnt make plays.

The dysfunction has been pretty well documented. So much so that they fired Holmgren and then aired their dirty laundry for all to read. It of course doesnt mean HHCD should have mailed it in, but maybe he was, much like the specualtion that Rodgers did last year. 

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

The dysfunction has been pretty well documented. So much so that they fired Holmgren and then aired their dirty laundry for all to read. It of course doesnt mean HHCD should have mailed it in, but maybe he was, much like the specualtion that Rodgers did last year. 

Okay. Said it before but not mean it: I'm done with the HHCD chatter.
Its not a big book and mine is closed. Have a good year. Not too good....but dont embarrass yourselves :)