OL Situation

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

PFF had us as the 2nd best offensive line last year with a supposed bottom tier RT, near bottom LT, mid-lower tier Center, 2nd tier LG and 2nd tier RG. We do lose a little with the RG position and while I don't think we were 2nd best anyway I doubt we are bottom 5 either. They have Hubbard too low and Tretter too low imo and Robinson too low for what he did last year but he is still a wait and see. We're probably average.

I agree in general, but talent is a bit of an issue imo.

I do think it’s possible they played above their heads last year and come down to earth a bit.

I think Robinson is mediocre, Bitonio is a stud, Tretter is serviceable, RG is an abomination and RT ain’t great.  I also think this is an experienced and relatively expensive group to be so mediocre.  Hubbard, Tretter and Kush don’t seem like long term options either.

The depth behind them is unimpressive as well.  I’ve about lost hope in Corbett and the rest of the dudes are day 3/undrafted guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some others.

How's he putting NE at 1 when we don't even know our LT, and our C is medically unable to play. The only one he's ranked high is Thuney (although he WOULD have Mason high too). I think that's generous. Browns at 27 is too low as well. 

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Sorry that’s what I meant by “placement”. I agree with it all. I think we’ll be alright. Where we’ll see the struggle, as I’ve said before, is the run game. 

If it were up to me our draft would’ve been:

1. Andre Dillard

If we didn’t trade the pick he may have been the guy tbh.

2. Elgton Jenkins 

Can’t fault taking Greedy, but he’d had been nice.

3. TE 

😂

Kahale Warring was a guy I liked at that spot.  He’d have prolly been my pick tbh.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s from over a month ago.

Oh, fair enough. I was too lazy to click it and saw you posted an hour ago, so...that will teach me won't it :D

Eagles have the best, IMO. Barely a weak link, and their elite franchise LT is even considering moving to allow their soon to be elite LT replacement take his spot. Rich get richer.

• Like 1

Besides kicker, our OL is probably the biggest question mark heading into the season. They looked way better once Freddie took over, but was that a sign of things to come or was it a fluke? And while Zeitler was overpaid and I'm glad to now have Vernon, he's likely much better than anything we'll put out at RG this season.

Does Robinson continue to improve, or does he revert back to his old play? If he can be at least average and we can get at least mediocre play from RG, then I think we'll be okay. Baker doesn't need an elite OL, IMO, but he still needs a halfway decent one.

Worst case scenario, we're looking to go OL heavy in next year's draft.

• Like 1

Our line will be above average pass blocking and below average run blocking.

That is the skill set of our players, kush, Robinson, Hubbard, and tretter are all better vs the pass than the run. 

Also campens MO is great pass blocking and average or below run blocking. 

1. We can protect Baker. 

2. Our run game should be a compliment to the pass not the other way around. 

Torched earth first 8 weeks at least 350 yards passing per game. When Forbes gets back, we can get a little more push from the run game, along with Karem Hunt we can run a bit heavier for winter. 

4.7k+ passing 

2k+ rushing 

Baker league mvp

Win the division, we are ser.

36 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Our O Line has honestly been keeping me up at night.

So I am confident that if it were a problem that Dorsey and the geek squad would have gamed it out.

If there’s one position group Dorsey doesn’t have a great history with, it’s OL. 

Im confident in him finding a lot of different positions, but maybe he needs to delegate that ish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If there’s one position group Dorsey doesn’t have a great history with, it’s OL. 

Im confident in him finding a lot of different positions, but maybe he needs to delegate that ish.

If he drafted Hernandez, the guy people liked, not Corbett our oline is at least average

We should be worried about OL albeit last 8 games last year they were average+ instead of #28 as listed above.  KIWI evaluated players correctly and I have to think Coach Campen has Kitchens/Dorsey ear.   Our roster is deep with OK linemen but only Bitonio is a dominant player.  The last two years we had numerous chances to draft or pay the freight like Zeitler.  We really need one more NFL starting OL and hopefully Dorsey can find someone this week.  Long term T we are in trouble, real trouble.

All our TE /WR and all RB's must block for real if we are to maximize pass game.  Chubb has some nice run lanes last year and is a willing blocker on blitz.  Mayfield has to continue no huddle and speed up offense yet have the muscle to run in order to protect leads by taking the air out of the ball.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh, fair enough. I was too lazy to click it and saw you posted an hour ago, so...that will teach me won't it :D

Eagles have the best, IMO. Barely a weak link, and their elite franchise LT is even considering moving to allow their soon to be elite LT replacement take his spot. Rich get richer.

You need to become a Browns fan. We have quite a few fellow Aussies in here: @Kiwibrown, @hornbybrown, @Mega Ron, @Aztec Hammer, @Don Roshi, @Thomas5737  

I may have messed up with Thomas. He’s West Virginian so if you’re into interbreeding you’d be good with him. 

And even though we don’t quite like Australian beer like you chaps such as fosters, we do know our beer. 

• Like 4