OL Situation

LETSGOBROWNIES

57 minutes ago, #32 said:

I was one of the few who did not like trade to Giants for number of reasons.  One of the most obvious is we give up a high end G for above average DE.  

Not all positions are weighted equally though.  DE>>>

This is the only Dorsey deal that I was vehemently opposed to.  Why would you give up your best G and OL?  Zeitler played hurt and played very well in every game.  Vernon did not play often and did not play well.  Why would you jettison the key guy to an OL that was marginal to begin with?

Bitonio was and is better in the opinion of nearly everyone fwiw.

If you want something valuable, which a very good DE, you have to give up something.

OL was given lip service in draft and FA.  Look at all the quality playoff teams and even NE spend$$$$$$$$$$$ for top end offensive linemen (OL).  Without a decent OL, no QB can be effective.

They let their LT walk in FA...

Browns drafted Mack and Schwartz who are all-pro every year.

And we won a lot with them didn’t we?  

Kitchens remarks show a clear lack of understanding.   There has to be CHANGES unless mediocrity is your goal.  Surely he should state Browns will improve and make the necessary changes to implement solid OL.

He’s in a no win situation in pressers.  I’d he says he’s gonna make changes people will want to know why he waited until then to do so.

Pressers are useless for stuff like that.

It’s one game bros.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Once Lamm went down we were in a world of hurt.  

Yeah, I don't blame him for the LT situation, but Kush got mobbed a couple plays and Hubbard looked like hot trash. Gotta think he'd get a word in to scheme chips and other stuff to hide those glaring weaknesses. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, buno67 said:

Weird 

kush was rated #27 guard this week by PFF

zeitlet was rated #33 guard this week by PFF

Kush had the better pass blocking grade

Kush has a good game! 

GRob has a couple plays where he was off before the ejection but looked decent otherwise. ITS FREAKIN HUBBARD!!! Get him outta there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Kush has a good game! 

GRob has a couple plays where he was off before the ejection but looked decent otherwise. ITS FREAKIN HUBBARD!!! Get him outta there.

To be fair, the dude prolly hasn’t taken a single rep at LT all summer.

If GRob isn’t a moron he wouldn’t have had to Sunday either.

I’m not defending his play against the Titans, he was bad, but a lot was asked of him (playing out of position and with little help).  Let’s see what he does week 2.

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Knowing how bad the OL played as a group, I expect some very different play designs this week. 

That was my issue more than the actual play of the tackles.

They we’re getting beat 1:1, so DO SOMETHING TO HELP THEM!  It seemed like we just kept doing the same ish and continued to be surprised when it didn’t work.

The tackles needed help, plain and simple, and they didn’t get it.

This could be an "under the radar" tryout that leads to a signing that just may pay dividends - OT Dino Boyd.

Seems like a hard worker, determined to succeed. He could have gone to the NFL after the 2017 season, yet he decided to take the hard road and enroll at Cincinnati to prove himself against better competition. His reward? First team All AAC Offense.

My kind of dude.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/04/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-spotlight-cincinnati-ot-dino-boyd/

Edited by brooks1957