WEEK 1 · Sun 09/08 · 8:20 PM EDT, Gillette Stadium

Image result for steelers vs patriots

Last Five

12/16/2018 New England Patriots 10 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 17    
12/17/2017 New England Patriots 27 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 24    
01/22/2017 * Pittsburgh Steelers 17 @ New England Patriots 36    
10/23/2016 New England Patriots 27 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 16    
09/10/2015 Pittsburgh Steelers 21 @ New England Patriots 28  

That 2015 one was also a season opener after we won the SB, and that was the game we unleashed 3-TE hell (Gronk, Chandler, Hooman) on them. Which brings me to...

Why they might win

- Traditionally, they've never been able to cover our TEs, particularly up the seams, and this is now a weakness for us. We don't have their tormentors. 

- The last two games suggest they've figured out that they can't just sit in soft zone and let TB carve ravage them. They have been far more proactive, and we've struggled more

- We start slow

Why we will win

- They've a terrible record at our place

- Brady still has unreal stats against them, and can pick zone apart

- Some possible favorable match ups for us, I don't think they're high on Burns, and we have either elusive route runners, or big targets now. We are multi-dimensional on offense

Team Updates

- Harry to IR, so our receiving unit will look like; Edelman, Dorsett, Meyers, Gordon and probably LaCosse starting. Let's hope Gordon is ready to play

- Wynn touted to start LT

Prediction;

PIT - 21

NE - 24

Edited by Deadpulse
boobs are a no no
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

we'll see. I don't have a lot of faith in the offense in game 1.

The defense must perform well.

PIT - 17

NE - 24

I was mostly joking. Very excited. Feels like this is almost a house money season. I'm on holiday this weekend so I can stay up to the wee hours and not have to worry about work in the morning. (Game will finish at 4:30am in the UK.)

• Like 2

Good guys - 24

Bad guys - 16

We'll do just fine as long as we keep Conner from going off. Don't see Ben giving us problems with Gilmore glued to JuJu. The fact it's a home game makes me even more confident.

Edited by Elky

43 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I can't see them scoring less than 21 at home, on Primetime, on the day they drop their banner. Statement game, 31-17 Patriots. And it's not as close as that score looks.

I am slightly worried, the Chiefs game a couple of openers ago has put me on ALERT (!) for season opening games against top opposition