Title Defense Begins Here! LFG! Game 1 - Pittsburgh - GDT

Hunter2_1

57 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Reckon it shows this early?

Our pass rush is coming in underrated IMO. People look at the front and dont see a bonafide star outside MAYBE Bennett; but at this point in his career he probably isnt your hang your hat guy. That said, the Dline is deep with solid talent and guys with motors. Put on top of that a STACKED LB corp who are ALL very capable rushers that can easily spell each other to stay fresh in 2 LB sets and that front can be deadly. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Our pass rush is coming in underrated IMO. People look at the front and dont see a bonafide star outside MAYBE Bennett; but at this point in his career he probably isnt your hang your hat guy. That said, the Dline is deep with solid talent and guys with motors. Put on top of that a STACKED LB corp who are ALL very capable rushers that can easily spell each other to stay fresh in 2 LB sets and that front can be deadly. 

Yes, agreed. If it's anything like the post-season, we can engineer plenty of pass rush with things like stunts and disguises etc. Underrated is right, for me.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are we seriously rolling with Izzo as our only TE? The guy is a competent blocker at best ONLY. We're going to need a very solid run game this weekend. Edelman, White (with Rex sub), Gordon, Dorsett, Meyers as the receiving corps. Good enough?

First of all, Gronk was made of glass and we won plenty of games without a receiving TE to speak of. Second, just guys guys are limited in an early practice does not mean they won't play, so let's not get worked up so quickly. 

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

First of all, Gronk was made of glass and we won plenty of games without a receiving TE to speak of. Second, just guys guys are limited in an early practice does not mean they won't play, so let's not get worked up so quickly. 

I'm not worked up Pulse. Chill out. I'm trying to generate conversation...someone has to 

Edited by Hunter2_1

All the talk has been about NE's "run first offense". I don't see it, not all year. Why invest so heavily in WRs and so little in TEs if you're going run heavy?

Right now they have depth at WR, no TEs and at least 2 (maybe 3) decent receiving backs. I think Brady throws 40+ times this game. A lot of empty sets, with White motioning in/out of the backfield. Quick throws because they're trying out a new starters at LT and C. White with 10 catches. Edelman with at least six. A couple of deep shots here and there. Michel grinds the game out in the fourth when they have the lead.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 7:41 AM, ChazStandard said:

I can't see them scoring less than 21 at home, on Primetime, on the day they drop their banner. Statement game, 31-17 Patriots. And it's not as close as that score looks.

Yeah I’m kinda shocked at all the low score predictions. It would be a huge disappointment if they are held under 28 points by this Pittsburgh defense.

We are not exactly talking about the Jags bears or ravens here 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah I’m kinda shocked at all the low score predictions. It would be a huge disappointment if they are held under 28 points by this Pittsburgh defense.

We are not exactly talking about the Jags bears or ravens here 

Might be going hand-in-hand with people expecting us to become a power running game this season, or something.

The 2014 opener vs Pitts was 28-21. Can't remember their D, really but it will be interesting to see how much a difference Bush makes

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Might be going hand-in-hand with people expecting us to become a power running game this season, or something.

The 2014 opener vs Pitts was 28-21. Can't remember their D, really but it will be interesting to see how much a difference Bush makes

This Patriots offense is better than that patriots offense at every position accept for TE. Offensive line is not even close 

Edited by CP3MVP

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

if they are held under 28 points by this Pittsburgh defense

The Steelers defense by the end of the season figures to be much different than the defense they had rolled out in 2014 and since. Their identity has changed and they're not so one dimensional anymore. I think opposing offenses will have a harder time exploiting them this season.

Also, I'm going to this game now. Excitement is underway. (Went to the other home opener against the Steelers too, REALLY hard to believe it was in 2014 though.)