Title Defense Begins Here! LFG! Game 1 - Pittsburgh - GDT

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

Probably his worst game yet, but that Steelers run defense will probably turn out to be a top unit this year.

CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Rex Burkhead 8 44 5.5 0 11
James White 4 26 6.5 0 9
Sony Michel 15 14 0.9 0

seems like he is the only one who had an issue. It's either on him or the Steelers played for the run whenever he was on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Rex Burkhead 8 44 5.5 0 11
James White 4 26 6.5 0 9
Sony Michel 15 14 0.9 0

seems like he is the only one who had an issue. It's either on him or the Steelers played for the run whenever he was on the field. 

It was definitely the latter. He needs to become more of a factor in the passing game or he'll have games like this against quality defensive fronts.

• Like 1

If thats the case then just have him in pass pro or on more PA plays. He doesnt have to be a threat to catch out of the backfield to serve a purpose on plays in which he isnt handed the ball. On the flip side of that, it's clear their new offensive identity is to substitute the threat of a receiving TE with 2 RB sets featuring White and Burkhead. If that is the gameplan moving forward (albeit one that can change anytime given the opponent), Sony will suffer. 

So after I've had time to let my anger go, I wanted to come in and say a few things to you guys.

First and foremost, hopefully Cannon makes a swift recovery, I have not yet heard what his injury really is.

Secondly, congrats, you guys did a great job being prepared and executing a flawless game plan.

Sadly I never thought we would win this game. I did however feel like we would put up a fight. But thanks to Tomlin, who openly admitted he didnt have the team properly prepared, we played like crap yet again against the biggest AFC threat in the league.

There was admittedly one call I wasnt happy with. It didnt remotely change the game. You guys earned every bit of this win. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Is it just me or are Karras’s snap in the shot gun ugly?

Yeah it's real slow and loopy, isn't it? I suspect TommyB may be having a quiet word.....

Not that it mattered, our receivers decided to shred, carve, nuke and embarrass their man-defending all day