Title Defense Begins Here! LFG! Game 1 - Pittsburgh - GDT

Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It is, isn't it.

Problem on the OL, but if that's sorted, it's STACKED everywhere

If Cannon is out longterm I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats give up a valuable draft pick and other player for a good OT on a rookie deal. Belichick will do what's necessary that this unit won't be a weakness.

On 05/09/2019 at 1:51 PM, ChazStandard said:

All the talk has been about NE's "run first offense". I don't see it, not all year. Why invest so heavily in WRs and so little in TEs if you're going run heavy?

Right now they have depth at WR, no TEs and at least 2 (maybe 3) decent receiving backs. I think Brady throws 40+ times this game. A lot of empty sets, with White motioning in/out of the backfield. Quick throws because they're trying out a new starters at LT and C. White with 10 catches. Edelman with at least six. A couple of deep shots here and there. Michel grinds the game out in the fourth when they have the lead.

...I mean, I hate to be that guy, but I'm just gonna leave this here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

...I mean, I hate to be that guy, but I'm just gonna leave this here.

well, yeah. But most predicted the run heavy offense before Josh got reinstated and AB got signed. That changed things dramatically. Now they got 3 guys who can't be covered and Brady might as well average 300 passing yards per game.

20 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Any word on Cannons shoulder? Did ligaments get damaged or is it just a mild sprain? Heard AC joint dislocation can take up to 6 weeks to recover but if it's a mild strain where the joint popped out and back in then it could be only 3 weeks or so. Hoping for good news soon.

Based on initial guesses by a person known as "Doc Flynn" (a local medical professional who follows New England sports and works for the media), the best case scenario is an injury that costs Cannon to miss this week and maybe next. The worst case scenario is an injury that appears to last 6-8 weeks.

• Like 1

I think I love this team.

Just rewatching the game - you see they've got a big team spirit already. Bennett was really G'ing Collins up when he made his tackle btl, Gordon praising other receivers when they made catches, the D are clearly pumped together. 

Let's hope we stay relatively injury free, coz this could be awesome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

someone on a rookie deal on a bad team imo. There are some candidates. I don't believe in Trent though because of lack of cap room

I believed Bodine was acquired because of his experience with Brian Daboll as a center. Daboll was co-assistant head coach as well as offensive coordinator of the Crimson Tide in 2017 after many years with the Patriots. Some NFL offensive line players with experience at Alabama while Daboll was there are:

Bradley Bozeman on the Ravens, 6th round pick in 2018

Ross Pierschbacher on the Redskins, 5th round pick this past April

Id doubt Bozeman is traded to the Pats since the two teams already have made a deal in the last few weeks for another offensive linemen. Also the Patriots are overwhelming favorites right now and Antonio Brown wasn’t here when the aforementioned Ravens trade was made.

It’s too bad Yodney Cajuste and Froholdt are unavailable right now. Can at least one of them come back?