Josh Doctson & Vikings reach agreement.

gopherwrestler

I wanted Abdullah gone, since he's just a Kick Returner but then remembered Spielman has used multiple first round picks on Kick Returners (at least their rookie seasons) so maybe it was better to keep him!

(And yes I'm joking. Of course we had bigger plans for Harvin, Patterson and Hughes, but Rick always seemed excited about starting their careers off at KR)

After an injury in his rookie season kept Doctson from playing all but two games, he recorded 35 catches for 502 yards and a career-high six touchdowns from Cousins in 2017. Cousins on Wednesday said he was glad to be reunited with the former first-round pick.

Doctson: “It’s a good feeling to see somebody familiar out there under center. It’s going to be good, and we’ll just continue to work. You can’t really buy chemistry, so being able to know we had a couple years there where we were building some chemistry, hopefully that’s still there. I assume [it is].”

Cousins: “It’s hard to bring someone in who I have no reps with and expect them, with two or three days of practice, to jump in, but you have a longer relationship, I think that makes a big difference, and I think he does have some special skill sets that we can use to our advantage. You want depth at every position. It’s not a luxury you have much of the time, but anytime you can have a guy, who for me in 2017, was really our top receiver, to have a guy like that who can provide depth to your roster, if heaven forbid, something does happen to one of our receivers, I think that’s a big asset. I’m excited to get him going, but there is certainly a transition period of getting him caught up to speed, which is part of that transition process.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-kirk-cousins-could-help-josh-doctson-catch-up-to-speed?sf218766360=1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

will he make an impact? Will he take over for Treadwell?

no value on special teams, which Treadwell at least has with Kearse being out here soon, does that save Treadwell?

Don't know if he'll see the field but 4-5 snaps a game but I feel more comfortable with Doctson than Treadwell if Diggs or Thielen misses time.

Treadwell probz gets cut again.

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Treadwell probz gets cut again.

I think they’ll keep 5 WRs. Even once Thielen comes back, he may be limited or have some nagging problem with the hamstring, and Doctson has been injury prone (as has Beebe if he ever returns). Treadwell probably survives unless both Doctson and Beebe are activated.

In the meantime, they can send Cam Smith and Davion Davis back to the PS to make room for Holton Hill and Doctson.