Jets sign Jeremy Kerley

rdelaney89

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Per Schefter 1 year deal. I like it

This is just more proof that all Macc's, WR draft picks sucks.  This is unbelievable letting a fine receiver like Decker go, and bringing back a guy who was a failure with us when he played here. I want to hear all the Nit Wits defending this move. Wake up Mac has to go.

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This is just more proof that all Macc's, WR draft picks sucks.  This is unbelievable letting a fine receiver like Decker go, and bringing back a guy who was a failure with us when he played here. I want to hear all the Nit Wits defending this move. Wake up Mac has to go.

Except Macc definitely did not sign Kerley for as much as Decker would have been getting.

30 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Except Macc definitely did not sign Kerley for as much as Decker would have been getting.

Rdelaney89 you are a good man, I Like you but you are the internal optimist. Keep it up maybe things will change for the better for our Jets.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Rdelaney89 you are a good man, I Like you but you are the internal optimist. Keep it up maybe things will change for the better for our Jets.

No it's actual facts Salary wise and the direction the team is going it didn't make sense to keep decker at the time. Kerley is still a reliable slot WR but I would much rather give the slot reps to Stewart than him.

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No it's actual facts Salary wise and the direction the team is going it didn't make sense to keep decker at the time. Kerley is still a reliable slot WR but I would much rather give the slot reps to Stewart than him.

I agree. Let the young guys play. Kerley and Kearse are average at best but will probably start.sigh 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We just can't get it right. If we were signing vets why an average guy. I'd rather just see what the young guys can do at this point. Especially with us not playing a young QB.

What you just posted is the Key why I am going nuts. We give up Decker a first class receiver, for two second tier receivers. We wasted two years with Fitz & now we are going to waste another year with McCown.  We still have no idea what we have with Petty & Hack, the same thing happen with Geno Smith. Even if we end up with a top three draft pick next year I have ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE Macc, wil pick the right player. I keep hearing he has a plan, I see no sign he has a play. As thing stand now I want Josh Rosen, buts it a long year and that could change. Why I am the only guy that is questioning most of the moves he makes.

Macc's quote of the month & this is no BS "I don't care what jet fans think "

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What you just posted is the Key why I am going nuts. We give up Decker a first class receiver, for two second tier receivers. We wasted two years with Fitz & now we are going to waste another year with McCown.  We still have no idea what we have with Petty & Hack, the same thing happen with Geno Smith. Even if we end up with a top three draft pick next year I have ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE Macc, wil pick the right player. I keep hearing he has a plan, I see no sign he has a play. As thing stand now I want Josh Rosen, buts it a long year and that could change. Why I am the only guy that is questioning most of the moves he makes.

Macc's quote of the month & this is no BS "I don't care what jet fans think "

I agree that I don't want Mac or Bowles selecting or coaching a new QB. I also believe that neither have any clue on how to build an offensive line or really anything to do with offense. Just look at our RB situation, none drafted in his first two years and a 6th rounder in last year's class that was filled with 1st to 4th round prospects. Instead we go with a career *backup and a 31 year old that we'd love to trade. (*i like Powell but thought we needed to pair him with a good rookie. I didn't want Cook in the first but he fell into our laps in the 2nd and would have been a good fit...but we passed)

The signing of Kerley has really upset me. We have 6 or 7 (if you include Marshall) first or second year receivers, play them. The thought of McCown with  Kerley and Kearse on the field for 70-100 snaps per game is nauseating and reduces the little bit of hope I had that we'd find a gem among Stewart, Hansen, Peake, Stringfellow, Raymond or Marshall.  

At first I was like why then the more I thought about it this is just to have a reliable KR/PR guy because nobody we had secured the job.  

If Kearse and Kerley start getting way more snaps then they deserve I'll be critical but for now someone who can consistently catch a punt isn't a bad thing.  Might just be a temporary thing until Marshall is back.  I'll let this play out.

Archived