2-year extension($30M) for Colts QB Jacoby Brissett

Steelersfan43

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

That's pretty decent for both sides.

Agree, fine deal. I am not a Brissett supporter, but I'll admit that he hasn't really had a ton of (decent) opportunity to show what he's fully capable of (2 years ago really shouldn't count given the state of the team during that season). Very reasonable deal for both parties with some solid upside for the Colts if he's legit. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agree, fine deal. I am not a Brissett supporter, but I'll admit that he hasn't really had a ton of (decent) opportunity to show what he's fully capable of (2 years ago really shouldn't count given the state of the team during that season). Very reasonable deal for both parties with some solid upside for the Colts if he's legit. 

Also in 2017, Brissett joined the Colts only after the preseason games, so he knew very little about the Colts playbook.The Colts now have a better roster and coach than in 2017.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

😳

knee jerk?

Yes and no. There's no way he'd get this if Luck hadn't retired, but the deal isn't bad; no where near normal starting QB money. Brissett is the starter this season, and keeping your starter happy is not a bad idea in and of itself. But this move helps the Colts too by giving them options extending past this season. If Jacoby performs well and/or the Colts aren't in a position next draft to grab their next franchise QB, Brissett is still under contract for the next season. Even if they can and do, having a good backup or even starter to have around if you're going to sit him for this price isn't bad.

I think it's a reasonable deal for both sides. Jacoby gets some stability while the Colts are paying less now than they'd be forced to later (assuming he plays reasonably well).

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Andrew Luck should be receiving a really nice fruit basket sometime this week.

Are you talking about the Trojan horse fruit basket the colts fans are going to leave him? Cause that’s not a “nice” fruit basket.

• Like 1