2-year extension($30M) for Colts QB Jacoby Brissett

Steelersfan43

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On a more serious note, Colts showing again to be a well run organization from the top down.

Brissett is the starter and is now being paid starter money.  Kudos to them for doing the decent thing.

Funny how a Back up thrust into being a Starter can get paid but the QB who has started almost 3 yrs straight is still making under 700K and waiting on his?. 👏👏👏

Brissett legit won the Lottery the minute Luck retired. Good for him!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

Have any finer details been released on this contract yet? I can't see them on Spotrac.

You would imagine the Colts will try to front load this as much as possible into this year because of how much cap room they have, similar to what the 49ers did with Jimmy G.

On the face of it, the contract seems to be great for both parties. At first I thought that Brissett should've bet on himself to go out and kill it this year then accept the tag next year, but when you run the numbers then he's coming out with basically the same amount over 2 years now as what he would've with the tag and his old salary.

2019 previous salary - $2m
2020 projected tag - $27m
total - $29m

total new salary - $30m

And, he obviously has the security of the money being guaranteed now as opposed to have to perform well enough to secure the franchise tag. Given the similarities of the numbers, I imagine these exact discussions were had when negotiating the contract.

One of the rare NFL contract that seems to please everyone involved (on the face of it).

On 9/3/2019 at 5:46 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

Have any finer details been released on this contract yet? I can't see them on Spotrac.

You would imagine the Colts will try to front load this as much as possible into this year because of how much cap room they have, similar to what the 49ers did with Jimmy G.

On the face of it, the contract seems to be great for both parties. At first I thought that Brissett should've bet on himself to go out and kill it this year then accept the tag next year, but when you run the numbers then he's coming out with basically the same amount over 2 years now as what he would've with the tag and his old salary.

2019 previous salary - $2m
2020 projected tag - $27m
total - $29m

total new salary - $30m

And, he obviously has the security of the money being guaranteed now as opposed to have to perform well enough to secure the franchise tag. Given the similarities of the numbers, I imagine these exact discussions were had when negotiating the contract.

One of the rare NFL contract that seems to please everyone involved (on the face of it).

2019: paid $15.035 M

2020 paid $15 M 

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Is it true he negotiated this deal himself?

Yes, he also negotiated his rookie deal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/colts-news-jacoby-brissett-negotiated-new-contract-himself/amp/

“Yeah, I do it myself,’’ Brissett said Tuesday. “I don’t like people to BS on my behalf. I try to say it for myself. . . . all you can be is honest.

“I did my rookie contract, too, so I kind of had the gist of it.’’

38 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/colts-news-jacoby-brissett-negotiated-new-contract-himself/amp/

“Yeah, I do it myself,’’ Brissett said Tuesday. “I don’t like people to BS on my behalf. I try to say it for myself. . . . all you can be is honest.

Edit: Double Post

Edited by seminoles1

37 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Impressive.

I hope he does well. He was thrust into a very poor situation 2 years ago. He now has true experience in the offense and practicing with the 1st team. 

On 9/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

2019: paid $15.035 M

2020 paid $15 M 

2m per game roster bonus? 16*2 is 32m in gameday roster bonus’. What am I missing here? His cap number doesn’t show being that high? Perhaps is it playoff game bonus?

10 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

2m per game roster bonus? 16*2 is 32m in gameday roster bonus’. What am I missing here? His cap number doesn’t show being that high? Perhaps is it playoff game bonus?

Not a contract guru by any means but I'm reading that 2M Per-game bonus as the amount he will make as long as he suits up on games days. Over a 16 gm stretch. Meaning if injured, that weekly average of 1.25K  can be taken away. Maybe I'm wrong?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not a contract guru by any means but I'm reading that 2M Per-game bonus as the amount he will make as long as he suits up on games days. Over a 16 gm stretch. Meaning if injured, that weekly average of 1.25K  can be taken away. Maybe I'm wrong?

This, it’s $2M in per game bonuses. Every time he is active (1 of the 45 active each game) 

• Like 1