Vikings acquire WR Josh Doctson

vike daddy

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Not a Washington fan but if you liked Laquon Treadwell you'll like Doctson.

Probably a slight upgrade! Cheaper, and just last year he caught more balls and had more touchdowns than Treadwell did in his whole career!

I think a lot of us Vikings fans are happy with it. More than good enough to be that WR3 in this offense, so we don’t need to expect a lot. If he can come up with another 500+ yard season with some touchdowns that would be the best WR 3 we have had in years.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Ha.  All they need is the Coleman to complete the first round bust set.  The second rounders clearly outplayed the first rounders (Thomas, Boyd)

Will Fuller isn't quite a bust, but guy can't stay healthy - he's really productive when he can play.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Probably a slight upgrade! Cheaper, and just last year he caught more balls and had more touchdowns than Treadwell did in his whole career!

I think a lot of us Vikings fans are happy with it. More than good enough to be that WR3 in this offense, so we don’t need to expect a lot. If he can come up with another 500+ yard season with some touchdowns that would be the best WR 3 we have had in years.

A slight upgrade maybe over Chad Beebe as a #3..

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Yes, and a cheaper Version of Treadwell which we would of had on the roster. 

Frankly all you have to do is read the guys on the Redskins WR depth chart, a team he failed to make, to understand just how bad it is that Doctson didn't make the final roster:

Paul Richardson

Robert Davis

Trey Quinn

Kelvin Harmon

Terry McLaurin

Steven Sims Jr.

For those counting at home, outside of Paul Richardson, that's a total of nine NFL receptions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A slight upgrade maybe over Chad Beebe as a #3..

Beebe kept on running the wrong routes in preseason, one that led to a pick 6. He also had a bad drop.

I like him, but not as a #3 for us right now. I loved Doctson predraft. I hope he does well for us.

Wonder what the corresponding move was.

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Frankly all you have to do is read the guys on the Redskins WR depth chart, a team he failed to make, to understand just how bad it is that Doctson didn't make the final roster:

Paul Richardson

Robert Davis

Trey Quinn

Kelvin Harmon

Terry McLaurin

Steven Sims Jr.

For those counting at home, outside of Paul Richardson, that's a total of nine NFL receptions.

I also see 5 names there I would take as our WR3.

He failed, so have many other WR’s. Like I said he will be cheap, and still better than any other option we have. 

Do I expect a ton from him? No. But I do expect more out of him than what we even got from Treadwell. Replicating just his past year it’s more than we got out of Treadwell from his entire career.

38 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Paul Richardson

Robert Davis

Trey Quinn

Kelvin Harmon

Terry McLaurin

Steven Sims Jr.

Doctson didn’t make the roster because he refused to play special teams and the coaching staff wanted to see what McLaurin could do in the #2 role.  

Doctson isn’t terrible but he’s pretty mediocre.  The problem is WRs like that need to be willing to play special teams.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Doctson didn’t make the roster because he refused to play special teams and the coaching staff wanted to see what McLaurin could do in the #2 role.  

Doctson isn’t terrible but he’s pretty mediocre.  The problem is WRs like that need to be willing to play special teams.

Yeah and here typically we haven’t seen many #2 or #3 receivers play special teams unless it’s an emergency (Patterson is an exception, drafted to play special teams also)

Treadwell did start to play a little punt gunner last year, but really only started to do so because he wasn’t producing at all on offense and for the most part, we gave up on him.