Anyone watch the D&D show 'Critical Role'?

Kiwibrown

I used to. Haven't watched/listened though for almost a year. Liked listening to it while I did work, but sometimes the banter got too jokey. That's not so bad when you are a participant, but when I was listening I wanted them to get on with the campaign.  

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I used to. Haven't watched/listened though for almost a year. Liked listening to it while I did work, but sometimes the banter got too jokey. That's not so bad when you are a participant, but when I was listening I wanted them to get on with the campaign.  

Yeah, honestly for ongoing commentary during a game, whether you're a pro wrestling fan or not, you'd probably appreciate Roll Out on the Up Up Down Down network (Youtube).  Which, yes, it's pro wrestlers playing DND, but they're entertaining as hell because all of them are looking to game the system as much as possible.  They should be releasing Season 3 relatively soon, but S1 and S2 are available on playlists and are really fun watches.

• Like 1

I did listen/watch it for a while. I felt like it was getting further away from D&D and just started to be too many jokes for what I wanted. It was useful when I was figuring out how to run D&D myself, but eventually it just got too much, and the episodes are so long.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I did listen/watch it for a while. I felt like it was getting further away from D&D and just started to be too many jokes for what I wanted. It was useful when I was figuring out how to run D&D myself, but eventually it just got too much, and the episodes are so long.

Episode 113 and 114 of season 1 are worth watching as stand alone, esp 114, an awesome dnd fight 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...