Expectations for this season?

NYRaider

How many games will we win?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will we have this year?

Going from 4 wins last year, to 7 wins this year, to 10 wins next year, would be some nice progress. I honestly wouldn't be mad with a 7-9 season, although obviously winning this last one in Denver would be great.

We need to really hit on FA & the draft for 10 wins to be realistic, but with the allure of Vegas and Mayock calling the shots in the draft, I see no reason why it isn't.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, agarcia34 said:

7 wins. This offense on paper is worth 7 games. With this offense, if they're as good as they look on paper and Carr plays like the Carr we saw in 2016. This will be a borderline playoff team. The defense will not be great they just need to be decent or not embarrassing. We saw with a great offense it can make up for the defense. The Raiders face a brutal schedule, but the NFL is a week to week league and you really never know. It was an automatic loss for the Raiders vs Colts but now without Luck they have a real chance in that game. The Raiders just need to take care of the games they should win and hope to get lucky is two or three games where they're supposed to lose. It's what happened in 16. They weren't supposed to win against the Saints week 1 or against the Ravens. 

Not too bad of a prediction. Offense wasn't what I thought it would be. That changed when AB went crazy and Carr not playing to the level I expected going into the season. Defense was garbage and the Raiders won some games where you would think would be a loss, but also lost a game or two they should have won. 

Edited by agarcia34

On 9/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, G said:

I thought we were 6-10 with AB and 4-12 without. I'm still thinking that because it's just one game but if we beat KC then I think the momo actually keeps us in the race for the division. Not because we have a great record, but because teams will be gunning for Pats and KC and with Hill out and Pat limited mobility until healed I see them very beatable.

We seem more balanced and 8-8 to 10-6 is possible with a win vs KC. Bears are less of a threat if the team is pumped and our Oline keeps improving as the year progresses. Not many stars but maybe  a 'team' and that can go really far. Even with AB I felt we were an injury away from imploding. Jacobs for clock management with some Richard for explosive pops and keep that KC offense on the bench.

That was once the season started and before was...

"6-10 because Cable. Carr will have his best stats but D won’t hold up. Schedule is not helpful and KC is the best in the west. Then Chargers with Denver and us about equal but I tip it to our favor. Probably split the series and no playoffs but high powered offense will keep us hopeful. "

We did better than I thought but were like a Jeckel and Hyde team... Times we looked like old school power run game and times Carr looked like a folding lawn chair. As far as coaching I still think an upgrade at OC and oline is needed. Cable did well with some elite talent but I think someone else will do better even if we lost Ritchie and Gabe. Promoting Morton would work for me but I can understand if all coaches come back because we had great moments, but no consistency. Coaches need to get players ready to play and the players need to execute. I've seen enough 'progress, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade. DC needs talent so I wait to see who we bring in FA/draft to judge that. IMO Mayock has been the biggest upgrade. Understands his role with Gruden, is the bad cop in AB before AB POPS, Great trading down in later rounds and making picks that contribute. Probably already had Gruden's ear but even moreso now after a good draft and UDFA signings. Vegas team should compete for playoffs ASAP. KC will be hard to knock off but 10 wins should get a wildcard. Hopefully Watson and Pat break 40 mil per and we see talent leave in droves. It's a new NFL...

9 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

The Raiders have been a dumpster fire for so long, we fans have forgotten what it's like to relevant. Finding fault is the Raider way.

Fooie, we were on the doorstep of leading the division making the playoffs and what everyone called the weak part of our schedule and we choked plain and simple, and it was in pathetic fashion.

We were 6-4 with the NYJ, KC, TEN, SD, DEN, JAX.

Everybody was talking playoffs all those teams are bad except KC. Even TEN was a win before they switched to Tannehill. Losing 4 out of the last 5 from the position we were in doesn't make me say oh well we did better than I thought. It's a failure.

Edited by raidr4life

41 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Fooie, we were on the doorstep of leading the division making the playoffs and what everyone called the weak part of our schedule and we choked plain and simple, and it was in pathetic fashion.

We were 6-4 with the NYJ, KC, TEN, SD, DEN, JAX.

Everybody was talking playoffs all those teams are bad except KC. Even TEN was a win before they switched to Tannehill. Losing 4 out of the last 5 from the position we were in doesn't make me say oh well we did better than I thought. It's a failure.

We have a -100 point differential and you’re acting like this season is a failure when we’re knocking on the door of 500? Lmaoo this team and roster is definitely not a playoff contender. Somehow scraping into the wildcard would be a monumental accomplishment. Some people will always see the glass half empty. 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We have a -100 point differential and you’re acting like this season is a failure when we’re knocking on the door of 500? Lmaoo this team and roster is definitely not a playoff contender. Somehow scraping into the wildcard would be a monumental accomplishment. Some people will always see the glass half empty. 

Nothing changes the fact we were 6-4 controlled our own destiny against some garbage teams. If you ok with losing to subpar teams to miss the playoffs that's your prerogative man . It was a dream scenario only one team with a winning record at the time. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Nothing changes the fact we were 6-4 controlled our own destiny against some garbage teams. If you ok with losing to subpar teams to miss the playoffs that's your prerogative man . It was a dream scenario only one team with a winning record at the time. 

We were the second-best team against the Jets. 

The Titans brutalized us and the Chiefs outplayed us.

We literally got jobbed by the refs against Jax, the slide was inbounds and that sealed the game.

The OL has not been as good in the last 4-6 weeks in the pass or run game since getting banged up. That hasn't been talked about and has definitely contributed to these L's, as has the loss of Joseph and Trent Brown's lingering injuries.

Definitely not a failure of a season.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We were the second-best team against the Jets. 

The Titans brutalized us and the Chiefs outplayed us.

We literally got jobbed by the refs against Jax, the slide was inbounds and that sealed the game.

The OL has not been as good in the last 4-6 weeks in the pass or run game since getting banged up. That hasn't been talked about and has definitely contributed to these L's, as has the loss of Joseph and Trent Brown's lingering injuries.

Definitely not a failure of a season.

The Jets where able to completely counter what the Raiders do best which is run the ball. Subpar WR play as well as QB play sealed the deal. 

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

honestly, those teams arent as bad as a lot think.
the jets loss was ugly, no denying that.. but the people who thought the raiders were going to go in there and stomp the jets... havent watched raider football for long.
the jets with darnold arent nearly as bad as people think. They could easily be the surprise team of next year. 

tenn is far from garbage
KC?
Jax - we literally won this game, and the refs called Carr out of bounds. - I agree it shouldnt of been close, but Carr played well. Our D giving up 2 80+ yard TD drives at end of game is why we lost.

• Like 2