Expectations for this season?

NYRaider

How many games will we win?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will we have this year?

With all of our draft capital and a year to right the ship I've been thinking that we should be able to field a pretty decent team and ought to be able to compete for the playoffs on paper. However, when we factor in the difficult schedule, especially the travelling  and the strength of the Chiefs and Chargers within our division I don't think we could reasonably expect more than a 9-7 season at best. Realistically we're still probably around 7-9 and ready to compete for the playoffs next year. The pass rush and possibly the OL might let us down for well known reasons this year.

I'd say our offence could be potentially a top 10 unit IF the OL can play reasonably well despite Cable.

The D will be bottom 1/4 of the league and last in sacks again but with around 25

Derek Carr will break 4000 yards and have better than 2:1 TD:Int ratio, maybe around 30:12

Leading sacker will be Arden Key with around 7

Leading receiver AB with around 1200 yds and 12 TDs

Leading rusher will be Jacobs with around 900 yds

No bold prediction there really :) and I don't see anyone being a huge surprise.

• Like 1

6-10

Schedule is difficult and the defense is too green and has issues on the front 7.

I expect an improved offense that can compete. 

Defense, I see improving but still unable to pressure the QB and cover TEs/RBs in the intermediate game. 

The lack of QB pressure will unravel the defense again. They won't be as bad as last year, but still bottom 3 in sacks is my guess at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

I put 7-9, but i think we are between 5-11 and 9-7. 

Our O should be able to compete, D is still a mess. 

Raiders are just building for Vegas. If Carr shows improvement and has a big year, we should be able to use both 1s on D next draft.
If carr has a down year Im worried we will use to much of our draft capital to move up for a QB. 

Our 2020 team could be ready to compete for Vegas. 
This year, please jsut give me 16 competitive football games.

7 wins. This offense on paper is worth 7 games. With this offense, if they're as good as they look on paper and Carr plays like the Carr we saw in 2016. This will be a borderline playoff team. The defense will not be great they just need to be decent or not embarrassing. We saw with a great offense it can make up for the defense. The Raiders face a brutal schedule, but the NFL is a week to week league and you really never know. It was an automatic loss for the Raiders vs Colts but now without Luck they have a real chance in that game. The Raiders just need to take care of the games they should win and hope to get lucky is two or three games where they're supposed to lose. It's what happened in 16. They weren't supposed to win against the Saints week 1 or against the Ravens. 

im thinking 7-9 wins. so i voted 8. We have a brutal schedule, and holes on defense. We should be much improved overall, and i expect our offense, to really get going by mid season. Our defense improved throughout last year, despite little to no talent on that side of the ball, we brought in some reinforcements for PG to work with, but i think it takes some time for it to come together.

Things im looking forward to seeing in Gruden and Carr are fits for each other. I think if anyone can get the most out of Carr it is Gruden and his fire. Im looking for DC to return to 2016 form, especially with the best weapons hes had to this point in his career.

AB and DC chemistry, Carr likes to spread it out. I felt like he should have targeted Cooper more, and AB is an even superior WR than that, will Carr take more chances to get AB the rock often? And if not, how will AB respond?

Jacobs. Man, i think he can be our best back in a loooong time. Has all the physical abilities to be our bell cow and has the skill set that fits perfect in Grudens offense. One thing to consider, is he was never the guy at Bama. He must prove he can handle 20+ touches a week.

OL, Is TB77 worthy of being the highest paid OL in the league? Can Kolton be the man at LT? Can Incognito and Jackson bounce back? Lots of question marks, but i think we will be better than expected upfront. 

How will we get to the QB? We dont have any sack masters on the roster, it will need to be a collective effort of front and back end help to bring the QB down. PG will def need to mix things up, i liked what i saw vs Kyler and AZ.

Can our LBs hold up? Burfict is a good signing to make sure our defense is aligned properly, but can he still make plays?

We have a ton of question marks, we will start to get our answers in less than a week.

Cant wait!

Now......I heard a guy on one of the football channels, maybe NFL Network say a pretty incredible thing.  You know who he picked for MVP?  Derek Carr.  Now this may be a huge stretch and I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap over this comment but if he has a decent season he'll carry the team.