Expectations for this season?

NYRaider

How many games will we win?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will we have this year?

5 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

10 of us should pool our money together and you could place the bet. I’d pay $100. Hell, get 20 at $50 apiece.

lol theres no point in pooling your money. 

If you bet 100 you will win 10,000 so just do it.

One thing that has to be looked at though is record. The Raiders would have to grasp 11 to 12 wins for Carr to be a MVP candidate. I just can’t see it happening, especially with our schedule. 

I think some safer bets would be Carson Wentz where you would win $1,300 for $100 or Matt Ryan where you would win $2,500 for $100. Matt Ryan plays 14 games in a dome this year, absolutely unheard of. 

6-10 because Cable. Carr will have his best stats but D won’t hold up. Schedule is not helpful and KC is the best in the west. Then Chargers with Denver and us about equal but I tip it to our favor. Probably split the series and no playoffs but high powered offense will keep us hopeful. 

5 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I'm drinking the silver and black kool aid.

I'm going to say 10-6, which can easily change after I see the first game. 

Just curious how you see the season playing out. Do you think we'll beat out one of the Chiefs and Chargers for a Wild Card spot, do you see one of those teams under performing or all three teams doing really well? Who'll be the key guys?

9 hours ago, G said:

6-10 because Cable. Carr will have his best stats but D won’t hold up. Schedule is not helpful and KC is the best in the west. Then Chargers with Denver and us about equal but I tip it to our favor. Probably split the series and no playoffs but high powered offense will keep us hopeful. 

Where do you get the Chargers are equal? Their defense is top notch and they have the second best QB in the division.

Chargers and Cheifs outclass the Raiders. Broncos are on their same 6-7 win level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just curious how you see the season playing out. Do you think we'll beat out one of the Chiefs and Chargers for a Wild Card spot, do you see one of those teams under performing or all three teams doing really well? Who'll be the key guys?

I think the Chiefs take a little step back this year.

And I'm thinking the offense takes a big step foward, mainly Carr. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Where do you get the Chargers are equal? Their defense is top notch and they have the second best QB in the division.

Chargers and Cheifs outclass the Raiders. Broncos are on their same 6-7 win level.

Not my place, but read it again. Cheifs, then Chargers, Broncos and Raiders.

You're to quick to defend the Chargers 😀

29 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think the Chargers will regress. Their Oline is trash, Gordon won't show up, the WRs behind Allen aren't that good. Rivers will have to do a lot by himself and i'm not sure his oline can allow him to do so.

They do have a good D, but losing James for half the year or so is going to hurt too.

18 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

10 of us should pool our money together and you could place the bet. I’d pay $100. Hell, get 20 at $50 apiece.

Atta boy.  Stay positive.  All of my Son's friends are rabid Raider fans as am I.  One who's rather intelligent feels they'll do well.  He's ready to lay his bet.

PFF’s opening week power rankings:

32. Oakland Raiders

Last year’s Raiders ranked second-to-last in defensive grade (62.4), and the offensive grade wasn’t a whole lot better at 25th (69.1). The addition of Antonio Brown doesn’t move the needle much for our power ranking, though he could help Derek Carr stretch the field after posting the lowest aDOT in the NFL (7.5 yards, minimum 400 dropbacks) in 2018. The Raiders might be at the nadir of their rebuild, but there’s still likely a ways to go.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I think the Chargers will regress. Their Oline is trash, Gordon won't show up, the WRs behind Allen aren't that good. Rivers will have to do a lot by himself and i'm not sure his oline can allow him to do so.

Eckler is a quality back. Rivers is a rock at QB. And I look for Mike Williams to take off this season and be a breakout player for them.

Also... their defense is among the leagues best.