Cowboys Extend OT La'el Collins 5 years, $50m - $35m GTD

Matts4313

Just now, Matts4313 said:

So I'll just guess he'll likely see about $40 Million over 4 years. It's gonna be a real tight fit, but the Cowboys could still make the deals they need to. I think my estimates before this deal that resigning all their other guys, and letting go of Crawford would leave them with about $16M next year. So closer to $6M if they bring them all back. 

Just now, Danger said:

It's gonna be a real tight fit, but the Cowboys could still make the deals they need to

Could?

There is not a chance in hell they sign Collins if they didnt still feel they could fit Dak/Cooper. 

With Zeke's whole staff (+him) flying from Cabo to Dallas right now to allegedly sign, they will 100% fit them all in. We had like $90m, so its not even going to be a super tough fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

How can you pay Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, Collins, this offseason then pay zeke cooper and dak. With Dak getting atleast 30 mil a year. dont see how they can pay all this and continue to pay guys like Zach Martin and Tyron Smith. Someone is the odd man out 

Byron Jones is def gone. I don’t know about Cooper.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like La’el isn’t that good lol and you just gave him the most guaranteed money for a RT and a contract almost as big as Lane Johnson who is much better.

And, I’m not even hating cause I liked the Jaylon contract they just got done.

Lane got 14% more.. last year. Then the cap went up another 10%

Cmon man. Act like you at least have a loose understanding of how NFL contracts work. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Could?

There is not a chance in hell they sign Collins if they didnt still feel they could fit Dak/Cooper. 

With Zeke's whole staff (+him) flying from Cabo to Dallas right now to allegedly sign, they will 100% fit them all in. We had like $90m, so its not even going to be a super tough fit. 

You're ignoring Jaylen Smith's deal.

$75 Million entering next season + $8M from cutting Crawford
-$32 Million from Dak's deal (first year is often a little lighter) (expect $34M AAV) = $51M 
-$18 Million from Amari's deal (AAV expect $19-20M) = $33M 
-$5 Million from new money in Zeke's deal ($14M total next year, $16M AAV) = $28M
-$9 Million from Collin's deal ($10M AAV) = $18M
-$13 Million from Byron Jones' deal ($14-15M AAV) - $5 Million

These are my rough estimates. 

Just now, Danger said:

You're ignoring Jaylen Smith's deal.

$75 Million entering next season + $8M from cutting Crawford
-$32 Million from Dak's deal (first year is often a little lighter) (expect $34M AAV) = $51M 
-$18 Million from Amari's deal (AAV expect $19-20M) = $33M 
-$5 Million from new money in Zeke's deal ($14M total next year, $16M AAV) = $28M
-$9 Million from Collin's deal ($10M AAV) = $18M
-$13 Million from Byron Jones' deal ($14-15M AAV) - $5 Million

These are my rough estimates. 

This is like when I tell you about how the Eagles cap is in terrible shape (yall are negative next year, already) and your entire forum says "trust in Howie" like a bunch of programmed robots.

Trust in Stephen. 

Plus you know for a fact any one of those 1st years could be significantly altered. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lane got 14% more.. last year. Then the cap went up another 10%

Cmon man. Act like you at least have a loose understanding of how NFL contracts work. 

I don’t care if the cap went up 30%.... Collins shouldn’t be making 1 million less per year than Johnson when he isn’t even a good player.

This was a dumb move.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I will say this. my estimate was based solely off of the OTC figure, which has it locked in as roughly the same cap this year as next. Assuming linear progression. Cowboys can expect to have somewhere between $14-16M in cap space upon making all those resignings and cutting Crawford. ~$6-7 Million needs to be used for draft pick allocation if I recall though. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is like when I tell you about how the Eagles cap is in terrible shape (yall are negative next year, already) and your entire forum says "trust in Howie" like a bunch of programmed robots.

Trust in Stephen. 

Plus you know for a fact any one of those 1st years could be significantly altered. 

Stephen doesn't have a track record in which he should earn the general public's trust. Howie has in fact shown time and time again he plays with different rules than the rest of the league.