Week 1: Buffalo Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

HUGE GAME!!!!

Hopefully the home crowd gives the Jets enough to pull it out and we can set the tone for a good season.  At home with the better QB gives me hope we can pull it out against a good defense.

We are going in healthy so despite our lack of depth in the secondary we should be good enough to keep their offense in check.

27-26 Jets in a tight game

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

Josh Allen is very inaccurate, still made dumb throws in preseason.  Need to contain him as his biggest threat is his running ability. If we can control the run game we should be able to control their offense, they don't have too many weapons. Cole Beasley was their big FA pickup and hes average.  Frank Gore eventually is gonna run like a 36 year old. 

Our DL is very strong so hopefully they can control the game. Our secondary will be healthy for this game, so that is a plus for us. 

Hopefully Sam Darnold comes out and shows what this offense can do. The starting OL will finally be together, Bell starting for the first time. Sucks that we are missing Herndon, but we have enough weapons on offense.  

I’m going to completely get killed for this but I actually think we will win quite comfortably.

(Queue the quotes when we inevitably **** the bed)   

I think our offense will have great success and actually I like the matchup defensively.

Against more pass happy teams we are going to struggle because our lack of edge pressure and covering ability but this Buffalo squad likes to run the ball and shouldn’t be a pass first team. That should be something our defense will completely shut down. 

28-10 with a late TD from the Bills making the score more respectful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I’m going to completely get killed for this but I actually think we will win quite comfortably.

I think our offense will have great success and actually I like the matchup defensively.

Against more pass happy teams we are going to struggle because our lack of edge pressure and covering ability but this Buffalo squad likes to run the ball and shouldn’t be a pass first team. That should be something our defense will completely shut down. 

That’s sound logic. I didn’t think about our defense that way. But you’re right, they’re going to have issues exploiting our weaknesses.

On the flip side, the strength of their defense is coverage. We’re going to have to have a nice day from the OL and Bell. They maybe rusty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I agree with this. Idk if it'll be quite that wide of a margin but I think we smack them in the mouth and never look back. This matchup favors us for sure.

• Like 1

Its going to be a good game. Bills have a good team, Allen needs to be contained from running, but aside from that, I think we can slow them down offensively. Their defense is very good, so its a big test for our offense. If we are going to compete for a playoff spot, you have to win the divisional game at home against a somewhat equal opponent. Its as close to a must win as it comes for a week 1 matchup based on our schedule. I know that sounds crazy but its true.

As a long time Jet fan, I expect the Jets to lose in embarrassing fashion for no other reason than I am a long time Jet fan.  My hope is that I can actually watch the whole game before getting disgusted and going outside to do yard work. Sigh. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Its going to be a good game. Bills have a good team, Allen needs to be contained from running, but aside from that, I think we can slow them down offensively. Their defense is very good, so its a big test for our offense. If we are going to compete for a playoff spot, you have to win the divisional game at home against a somewhat equal opponent. Its as close to a must win as it comes for a week 1 matchup based on our schedule. I know that sounds crazy but its true.

Expecting a close game and I agree that it is a must-win for both teams. I figure your offensive strength is a properly used Bell, who could give us fits underneath in the passing game and will likely still be very shifty in the running game and capable of some long runs. If we control Bell, I think the Bills win, otherwise it might even get ugly on your guys' turf. Controlling him likely means we need some excellent backfield play from our secondary to free Edmunds to spy him. I have a feeling the home team wins our match-ups this year. Here's to an injury-free game!

15 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Expecting a close game and I agree that it is a must-win for both teams. I figure your offensive strength is a properly used Bell, who could give us fits underneath in the passing game and will likely still be very shifty in the running game and capable of some long runs. If we control Bell, I think the Bills win, otherwise it might even get ugly on your guys' turf. Controlling him likely means we need some excellent backfield play from our secondary to free Edmunds to spy him. I have a feeling the home team wins our match-ups this year. Here's to an injury-free game!

We’re gonna destroy you guys honestly. 

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen should have all day to throw. Luckily Buffalos WRs are nothing to worry about to our weakness at CB shouldn’t get exposed too much.

We should and could score a bunch of points to win this one. 

I don't think our secondary is a major weakness really it's a our depth that is pathetic.

With the top 3 healthy we should be decent enough, not strong by any means but not a complete joke like we saw in the preseason.  I mean most of those guys aren't even on the team anymore.  If one goes down though that's when we could start to feel the effects.  We just need to hope for an injury free season from Tru.