Week 1: Buffalo Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Completely agree about Darnold being too safe. Some of it might have been playcalling. Some of it might have been really obvious situations of his receivers being blanketed that I couldn't see on the TV feed. But my uneducated opinion is that he+Gase didn't take enough risks pushing it down the field. I'd have actually preferred to see an INT and know that they were trying. I watched Kyler Murray throw downfield with a worse OL than us. It can be done.

We definitely have problems at corner and receiver. We're totally going to be relying on takeaways to stop opposing offenses. I can't see us stopping many teams from throwing all over us. On the other side, I'm hoping that the OL improves throughout the season and that plus Herndon returning makes the offense noticeably better. I think Crowder is the only WR playing at his ideal spot on the depth chart.

19 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Completely agree about Darnold being too safe. Some of it might have been playcalling. Some of it might have been really obvious situations of his receivers being blanketed that I couldn't see on the TV feed. But my uneducated opinion is that he+Gase didn't take enough risks pushing it down the field. I'd have actually preferred to see an INT and know that they were trying. I watched Kyler Murray throw downfield with a worse OL than us. It can be done.

We definitely have problems at corner and receiver. We're totally going to be relying on takeaways to stop opposing offenses. I can't see us stopping many teams from throwing all over us. On the other side, I'm hoping that the OL improves throughout the season and that plus Herndon returning makes the offense noticeably better. I think Crowder is the only WR playing at his ideal spot on the depth chart.

The proof in what you people are saying about the passing game is, Darnold thru 41 passes for only 179 yards, that is a avg. of 4.3 a passing attempt. and that stinks. No down field game at all.

Well that was about as bad as it gets.

Gase was horrible.  What creative offense?  If creative is force feeding Crowder then we succeeded.

OL was worse then expected but I'll chalk it up to not playing together and a good pass rush.

120+ for John Brown and Josh Allen, yeah our CB's are terrible.  I expected them to be ok until an injury hit but I was wrong.

If we are relying that heavily on Mosley we are in trouble.  Once he went out our defense forgot how to play.

Kicker? enough said cost us the game

Sam was up and down more down then up.  Was under pressure way too much to get in a groove but still not good.  What happened to the no huddle in PS?

Robby was bad.  He waited on two long balls instead of going to get them which allowed the defender enough time to get back and stick an arm in.  Go up and make a play would ya.

I'm already prepared for 4-5 wins because with no defense and no OL we aren't winning many games.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m worried about the Gase hire. He’s a losing coach who never has good offenses without Peyton Manning under center.

Not a good start but way to early to question the offense.  BUF is a great defense who can do that to you on any given day.

We'll see come week 6-8 before we can make a complete assessment.  Not a great start for sure.

OL needs to be much better though, they were CB and K bad.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Came in to comment the same.

Him going out finally gave the Bills the ability to run. I hope he isn't out long (or at all).

It was a fun week of bickering boys, see you week 17!

Good game man, y’all played faster and more aggressive on Both sides. Well deserved comeback. 

• Like 1

The amount of pressure Darnold received yesterday is enough to shake most QBs. He does need to get better at reading the blitz. I saw many times where guys like Crowder and Enunwa were calling out the DB blitz (literally pointing at their man) and Darnold took no note of it. Our receivers are not great at getting separation and that hurt us too when trying to take advantage of the 1v1 matchups. Worse was the utter lack of rub routes. Watching the Pats use motion to move the defense out of position, cause misdirection, and get the legal pick going was something that would've had us scoring 21+ points yesterday.

First few games will be rough. 

Speed kills early in the year and we’re slow. 

O-Line is trash but also that was their first game together. 

Gase’s gameplan was smart because of how Buffalo plays D but the execution was terrible. We weren’t going to push the ball down the field so he set up quick passes to get our guys in space. Herndon being out hurt us big time in that regard. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We’re hosting kicker try outs. 

I would have given Vedvik another week, to practice at MetLife and see if Boyer could fix the issue that’s forcing him to pull left. 

I think we walk Vedvik out there next week, but Douglas has to do something after that showing. If there's a chance to field a serviceable kicker next week, you have to take it.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

After rewatching the game, here’s my attempt at an 8-point analysis...

1. It’s only one game. It sucks and I’m pissed, but bottom line we need to steal a game elsewhere. That’s the NFL. Finding a way to win on Monday night would be a significant team building moment, but 

Glad someone said this. I'm not changing my expectations based on one game, it's the NFL **** happens. 

• Like 1