Week 1: Buffalo Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Watching Hewitt’s slow self blitz was cringeworthy. He was taking years to get after Allen. 

Like our defense outside of Adams and Maye so slow, it’s infuriating. Mosley has good speed as well and due to his smarts he can anticipate. 

Our OL is a joke, they don’t bully opposing DL. We need 5 mammoths upfront smashing opposing DL. 

I love how people freak out after 1 game. You guys do know after week 1 last year we killed the Lions and everyone thought Sam was a HOF QB. Relax people it is a VERY long season. 99% of the time what you see the first few weeks is WAY different than the last few weeks. I thought our D looked better than I expected. The CB need some help. The problem is our safeties are more in the box than cover. Sam did take some shots down field but over threw Anderson a few times. I expected that to happen because Anderson has been out with a calf injury. Bell looked like a stud as usually. Crazy how he can do this with a crap O-line. Kalil looked okay because the snaps where there to Sam. We just need to do a little better on the O and we will be fine. I still have us 9-7 or 10-6. Things change big time from week to week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Watching Hewitt’s slow self blitz was cringeworthy. He was taking years to get after Allen. 

Like our defense outside of Adams and Maye so slow, it’s infuriating. Mosley has good speed as well and due to his smarts he can anticipate. 

Our OL is a joke, they don’t bully opposing DL. We need 5 mammoths upfront smashing opposing DL. 

Yeah, Williamson is missed. His blitzing was on point and a reliable tackler.  Williamson is also another smart football player who could run a defense, seemed like they were lost when Mosley was out.

I would not be opposed of spending a 1st round pick on OL, we need to start getting talent upfront. But I think the OL will player better, I think Ryan kalil and the rest were off cause they haven't worked together and were facing a defense doing a lot of blitzes and stunts.

But I can tell you the Browns probably will blitz the heck out of us, because right now we were terrible vs the blitz.

Week 1 doesn't tell you anything about a football team though.

Darnold needs to be criticized in this one. He had awful throws down the field. Robby should have had several big plays but Darnold underthrew him a couple times and overthrew him as wel. Add that to him just being conservative... and that for me was the difference in the game. Poor QB play.

Jets fans are the worst. 

I wasn't for taking a interior DL, but the things I've been reading about Quinnen Williams now  on twitter just speaks volumes to this fan base. Fair weather fans, who are acting like he was never rated as the top player in the draft or wasn't a dominant college player routinely splitting double/triple teams. 

51 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets fans are the worst. 

I wasn't for taking a interior DL, but the things I've been reading about Quinnen Williams now  on twitter just speaks volumes to this fan base. Fair weather fans, who are acting like he was never rated as the top player in the draft or wasn't a dominant college player routinely splitting double/triple teams. 

Ok not going to judge him on 1 game. But I hated the pick from the second we drafted him. Not bc of his skill. It was the position we drafted. I find it very dumb to draft a rotational guy with the 3rd pick in the draft. We have like 8 DLineman we rotate in and out. Never should a top 3 pick be used on a rotational guy. We had glaring needs elsewhere and yet again neglected them. Edge rusher looks awful, OL is shaky and still not great talent at WR. All should have been higher on our list. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Darnold needs to be criticized in this one. He had awful throws down the field. Robby should have had several big plays but Darnold underthrew him a couple times and overthrew him as wel. Add that to him just being conservative... and that for me was the difference in the game. Poor QB play.

Robby has to do better though.  Supposedly he stopped his route on the overthrow from what I read and those under throws how about you go up and get the ball and not wait until it drops into your arms.  Not great throws by any means but Anderson has to be better.

35 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Robby has to do better though.  Supposedly he stopped his route on the overthrow from what I read and those under throws how about you go up and get the ball and not wait until it drops into your arms.  Not great throws by any means but Anderson has to be better.

He's an UDFA... maybe if we had a WR with more talent they'd come down with those. But we've refused to adapt to that offense winds games and spend valuable picks on that side of the ball.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Whats this guys story...is there upside here or is he going to be a coin flip kicker?

No history at all really.  He was just really solid all PS and almost beat out Crosby I read.  GB was debating keeping him.

He only has gone 2-3 in the regular season so no history at all.  Hope he's ready.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

He's an UDFA... maybe if we had a WR with more talent they'd come down with those. But we've refused to adapt to that offense winds games and spend valuable picks on that side of the ball.

We just havent drafted well anywhere. Teams are plucking away mid round skill position players and we select the ones that cant even make the roster. We have to hope Douglas can rebuild the offensive line and get us legit play makers for ONCE.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Where he was drafted is irrelevant.  The guy is a good WR just waited on the ball is all instead of attacking it.  Supposedly he wasn't 100% but who knows.

Tough battle but Henry Anderson needs to be suspended, what a dirty player. Never seen a more blatant attempt to run into Josh Allen's knees that im sure you could find on google. Glad to see Gregg Williams D doing Gregg Williams D stuff. No place in the league for the hit on Allen and the hit on Haushka and it's not a knock on the team or fans but just Anderson and Williams. 

14 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Tough battle but Henry Anderson needs to be suspended, what a dirty player. Never seen a more blatant attempt to run into Josh Allen's knees that im sure you could find on google. Glad to see Gregg Williams D doing Gregg Williams D stuff. No place in the league for the hit on Allen and the hit on Haushka and it's not a knock on the team or fans but just Anderson and Williams. 

I am sure we will find out by Saturday.  My apology if none.