Week 1: Buffalo Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

48 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm over in the BUF forum busting some balls haha.  They think they have better weapons then we do.  It's not even close it you ask me.

I would have to double check but I don't think anyone has actually argued the Bills have better weapons. Simply stating outside of Bell (which lets see if he can return to what he was) the Jets and Bills both have questions marks and underwhelming pieces.

At least the Bills have a 1000 yard receiver on their team ;) lol

35 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would have to double check but I don't think anyone has actually argued the Bills have better weapons. Simply stating outside of Bell (which lets see if he can return to what he was) the Jets and Bills both have questions marks and underwhelming pieces.

At least the Bills have a 1000 yard receiver on their team ;) lol

Your boy Nick thinks it's equal outside of Bell, equally as laughable.  

It's about as close as Jenkins to Hughes ;).  I mean they both had 7 sacks amiright.

Got to love those cast off WR's (Brown and Beasley).  I wonder why a BAL team in need of WR's wouldn't keep such a talent like Brown?

Edited by Rockice_8

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's about as close as Jenkins to Hughes ;).  I mean they both had 7 sacks amiright.

Got to love those cast off WR's (Brown and Beasley).  I wonder why a BAL team in need of WR's wouldn't keep such a talent like Brown?

lol so then you and I agree.

Jets O > Bills O

Bills D > Jets D

Also I think the Ravens one is pretty simple. Brown was en route to another 1000 yard receiving season before Lamar Jackson enter the fold. Not much need for a deep threat with a QB who won't get it to him. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

lol so then you and I agree.

Jets O > Bills O

Bills D > Jets D

Also I think the Ravens one is pretty simple. Brown was en route to another 1000 yard receiving season before Lamar Jackson enter the fold. Not much need for a deep threat with a QB who won't get it to him. 

I do agree.

Why keep a deep threat for a QB whose best ability in his young career is throwing a deep ball.  It's not like they need to transition to good route runners to highlight his accuracy in the intermediate level.  Getting rid of a deep threat when you don't have one on the roster is telling.  If anything use him to keep the D honest for your run game.  Made no sense and was pretty telling about what they thought of Brown.

50 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's laughable to me that you want to continue this about extremely mediocre offensive weapons. Go back and read again because that's not what I said. I was simply pointing out that it's not lopsided like you claim. Didn't chose one side over the other.

And keep ignoring the fact that we pointed out Jerry's pressure numbers. Sacks aren't everything. 

Edited by NickChowaniec

34 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I do agree.

Why keep a deep threat for a QB whose best ability in his young career is throwing a deep ball.  It's not like they need to transition to good route runners to highlight his accuracy in the intermediate level.  Getting rid of a deep threat when you don't have one on the roster is telling.  If anything use him to keep the D honest for your run game.  Made no sense and was pretty telling about what they thought of Brown.

In all honesty though did they get rid of Brown or did he just leave for more money in Buffalo? Maybe that is semantics but I can't say one way or another whether Baltimore wanted him back. 

I also think what you're arguing could be said about Crowder and the Redskins. But again, was that Washington not wanting him back or him leaving for more money?

Jerry Hughes is a beast, as is the rest of your defensive. Offensively? There isn't one skill position guy on the Bills that would start for us, so when healthy, I don't think the argument is nearly as close as some of you do. That isn't to say the Jets are loaded, at all, more so I think the Bills group is that bad. OL can be argued either way. Both Darnold/Allen have showed enough promise to be great in this league, so to be fair, let's push that argument off till later in the year.

As a Jets fan my biggest concern is your DL making Darnold uncomfortable early and forcing him into some bad decision. Defensively, we need to contain Allen and force him to win with his arm, which he hasn't proven capable of doing yet. Really exciting week 1 match up that I expect could go either way. 

Both fanbases have reasons to be optimistic for once, so here's to hoping that optimism carries throughout the year. 

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Jerry Hughes is a beast, as is the rest of your defensive. Offensively? There isn't one skill position guy on the Bills that would start for us, so when healthy, I don't think the argument is nearly as close as some of you do. That isn't to say the Jets are loaded, at all, more so I think the Bills group is that bad. OL can be argued either way. Both Darnold/Allen have showed enough promise to be great in this league, so to be fair, let's push that argument off till later in the year.

As a Jets fan my biggest concern is your DL making Darnold uncomfortable early and forcing him into some bad decision. Defensively, we need to contain Allen and force him to win with his arm, which he hasn't proven capable of doing yet. Really exciting week 1 match up that I expect could go either way. 

Both fanbases have reasons to be optimistic for once, so here's to hoping that optimism carries throughout the year. 

Lol meant to post this in the Bills Forum. Seems to be enough Bills fans trolling in here anyway to get my point across. 

2 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

It's laughable to me that you want to continue this about extremely mediocre offensive weapons. Go back and read again because that's not what I said. I was simply pointing out that it's not lopsided like you claim. Didn't chose one side over the other.

And keep ignoring the fact that we pointed out Jerry's pressure numbers. Sacks aren't everything. 

The fact that you think it's not lopsided is all the more reason to continue this.  BUF is in the running for the worst skill position players in the entire NFL FYI.  I'd argue Jets have the best in the division while MIA was probably better prior to the Stills trade.  Let that sink in for a sec.

Nobody is ignoring Hughes pressures it was a joke hence the ;) 

As far away as you think Jenkns is from Hughes that's how much better the Jets skill players are then BUF.  Get the analogy.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

In all honesty though did they get rid of Brown or did he just leave for more money in Buffalo? Maybe that is semantics but I can't say one way or another whether Baltimore wanted him back. 

I also think what you're arguing could be said about Crowder and the Redskins. But again, was that Washington not wanting him back or him leaving for more money?

Or leaving a crumbling franchise with no QB for a an up and coming one.  Can't say that about BAL to BUF.

I'm sure money played a part.