Week 1: Buffalo Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

I'm fascinated by this matchup. We're even counterparts in a lot of ways. We have stronger receivers, but they have stronger corners. We have stronger safeties, they have stronger edge rushers. Similar offensive lines-both solid but unspectacular, and we each have dominant players in our front 7s. I think Mosley + Adams far outweigh their running game, and our RBs have a slight advantage over their LBs (however, I think Edmunds is going to take a huge leap this year). 

In getting more granular, I'm interested to see how we play them in coverage. The one receiver who truly strikes fear is John Brown because he can blow the top off a defense and Josh Allen can sling it 80 yards. Darryl Roberts is our fastest corner and sizes up well, so it makes sense for him to play over Brown, with Tru trying to man up Zay Jones. Maye will have to be on his game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d Ike to see us put up some points and for Gase to show us what he’s got with a statement performance. Bc we know Allen will score on us bc he will have all day to throw with no edges and CB a question mark.

Yeah, this game (like I expect all our games to be this year) is all about our offense. We're going to need to put up 21+ points a game to sit above .500.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm fascinated by this matchup. We're even counterparts in a lot of ways. We have stronger receivers, but they have stronger corners. We have stronger safeties, they have stronger edge rushers. Similar offensive lines-both solid but unspectacular, and we each have dominant players in our front 7s. I think Mosley + Adams far outweigh their running game, and our RBs have a slight advantage over their LBs (however, I think Edmunds is going to take a huge leap this year). 

In getting more granular, I'm interested to see how we play them in coverage. The one receiver who truly strikes fear is John Brown because he can blow the top off a defense and Josh Allen can sling it 80 yards. Darryl Roberts is our fastest corner and sizes up well, so it makes sense for him to play over Brown, with Tru trying to man up Zay Jones. Maye will have to be on his game. 

It’s probably the most even team we play all season (obviously we play them twice). So we really will be able to tell which franchise is closer to getting over that hump. For me the advantage we have is more playmakers on offense. Time will tell if we use them right.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s probably the most even team we play all season (obviously we play them twice). So we really will be able to tell which franchise is closer to getting over that hump. For me the advantage we have is more playmakers on offense. Time will tell if we use them right.

Once Sam separates himself as a QB I think it will be pretty clear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Next to Allen connecting on some long bombs and his running ability, my biggest concern on their offense is Devin Singletary. With the slightly taller Gore as a mentor, this kid could prove to be a big pain. 

I’m not worried about their run game at all. They have an average OL and a rookie RB or Gore. With our DL I don’t expect us to worry much there. It will be Brown and Beasley I worry about more. Beasley our of the slot and Brown deep. I expect our secondary to have a few blunders... so I think we need to score 24+ to win this one.

41 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Pretty interesting that the Jets have 4 DL inactive today (Shephard, Fatukasi, Phillips, Franklin-Myers). On the flip-side, all 8 of our LBs are active, as are 9-of-10 DBs.

Sounds like the Jets will be determined to contain Josh Allen from running wild. 

Jets are carrying 9 DLs so it makes sense.