Will Eli Manning retire with a losing record as the starter?

Elky

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Eli is a great example of how a team can win championships with an average QB if things fall into place right. 

Eli should have won league MVP in 2011. The Giants had the 32nd run game in the league and average at best defense. Eli led 7 fourth quarter comebacks, and passed for more than 6000 yards in the regular season and playoffs combined. As far as I know, no Super Bowl winning quarterback ever threw for more. He absolutely carried his team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Eli should have won league MVP in 2011. The Giants had the 32nd run game in the league and average at best defense. Eli led 7 fourth quarter comebacks, and passed for more than 6000 yards in the regular season and playoffs combined. As far as I know, no Super Bowl winning quarterback ever threw for more. He absolutely carried his team. 

But Rodgers killed it that year. Packers had a lackluster defense and run game also. :)

And the MVP award is for regular season performance only. Whatever happens in the playoffs is irrelevant. 

Edited by PapaShogun

How many QBs actually retire at the top of their game? Not many. Tbh, it's much less about how they finish in the NFL and more about what they did while they were here.

Eli only beat the NE Patriots twice in the SB and helped get the Giants to the playoffs multiple times. Not much I know but he will be remembered for it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:
44 minutes ago, Gmen said:

But Rodgers killed it that year. Packers had a lackluster defense and run game also. :)

And the MVP award is for regular season performance only. Whatever happens in the playoffs is irrelevant. 

Edited 23 minutes ago by PapaShogun

Eli shouldn't even be in an MVP conversation in 2011 in hindsight, he just loves his Giants. Rodgers had 45 TD in 502 regular season attempts and Manning had 38 in 750 attempts counting postseason numbers. Brees and Rodgers were really the only considerations that year. Brady a step behind. Then Romo, Stafford, Ryan and Eli way behind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

How many QBs actually retire at the top of their game? Not many. Tbh, it's much less about how they finish in the NFL and more about what they did while they were here.

Eli only beat the NE Patriots twice in the SB and helped get the Giants to the playoffs multiple times. Not much I know but he will be remembered for it.

Four one and dones and two 4-0 runs in the playoffs. Made the playoffs 40% of the time. Yes, he will be remembered for the two titles because there is nothing else to remember him for besides his last name is Manning. Very average QB otherwise.