Bengals extend Gio Bernard 2y/$10.3 million

TheVillain112

25 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Assuming if Rodney Anderson didn't get hurt, this extension probably doesn't happen...

Maybe.  It happened really quick though.  Makes me think it was in the works already.

I don't really get it.  But i guess it's peanuts compared to what some other RB's are getting.  And he's a good player, so i'm fine with it.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Confused as to the direction of the Bengals at the moment.

Very curious to see how Week 1 against the Seahawks goes.  Mixon commented that the Bengals Offense has a lot of similarities to Lincoln Riley's O.  So I'm expecting a lot of motions, play action, bunch formations, mis-direction, etc...  I'm good with the strategy of having Mixon, and Gio heavily involved.  Our OL sucks, and our QB is Dalton so Zac Taylor and his staff are trying to make the most of what they can...

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's misconstruing the facts a bit.  He's the 10th highest paid player at his position in terms of average salary per year.  It appears to be very minimal guaranteed money, and it's a short contract.

He's making Davante Parker money.  The money just isn't relevant in terms of the teams total cap.  People are just wowed because he's a RB and no one is paying them right now.

Weird how he's kinda just ducked under the radar lately.  When he first showed up, seemed like the hype was that he was eventually gonna be the next big thing there...but it also seems like since Benson basically, the Bengals always have a tandem with a volume carries "hammer" paired with Gio.  He's a pretty excellent guy to have around as that 3rd down back though.  Just kinda funny how he just sorta settled into that role as the second part of a quasi-tandem arrangement as the change of pace/3rd down/big play back.  Never really took that "next step", and faded into relative obscurity in the process.