Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He will get plenty of chances. 

So looking around this board, doesn't seem like many think highly of this team. Complete 180 from last offseason lol. 

Everyone has been beaten into submission. 

Except for me and @y2lamanaki. I am an eternal optimist (when it comes to 49er football) and he clearly just needs to check himself into a mental hospital lol 

But seriously, we are going to be a damn good football team for like 70% of the season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Except for me and @y2lamanaki. I am an eternal optimist (when it comes to 49er football) and he clearly just needs to check himself into a mental hospital lol 

But seriously, we are going to be a damn good football team for like 70% of the season 

Accurate on the mental hospital front.

And 70% of the season is 11 wins, so that seems accurate as well as I predicted that record. The team could be miserable in those 5 losses. 11-5 is 11-5.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'm pumped for this season. I think this is going to be the season to put the 49ers back on the map. I'm predicting 9-7 for this team, but I REALLY want to say 10-6. I really believe 10-6 and a playoff birth are a real possibility this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm sorry but week 1 and week 2 should be wins. There's no room for any of that 7-9/8-8 crap this year.

We are a team with some definite flaws though. Lots of teams out there with similar talent bases. 8-8 is fine for me. I didn't love our schedule when it came out, and still don't. End of the season is positively brutal. I'd feel better about the first two weeks if they weren't both on the road. That's annoying

• Like 1

"We want him out there on every down," Lynch said on the "Tolbert, Krueger and Lund" show. "I think every D-lineman just loves third down because that's where they make their money. I also know that one of the reasons that attracted us to Nick Bosa is because he's good on every down. There's an old saying. You have to earn the right to rush the passer, and you do that by being successful on first and second down, and Nick will be out there throughout our game. He'll be there on third down as well, and he's done a really nice job — out staff has — getting him right. It was very important to him to play in this first game, to be there for his teammates. We're appreciative of that, and the good news is it's real. It's not like we're forcing it. He's ready to go and that's a great thing for us."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/127949-49ers-buccaneers-nick-bosa-play-every-down-lynch/