Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Since @oldman9er was being lazy, I thought I would get this thread going.

Always exciting for week 1, but I have some bad news. It is extremely difficult to play at Tampa this time of the year and they have won their last three home openers. I think we will end up being a better team than the Buccaneers this season and I think this team will be in the hunt to win 10-11 games, but think we may catch a loss in week 1. A cross country trip to a humid city spells trouble, and even in 2016 when the Falcons were a juggernaut offensively, they lost week 1 to the Bucs.

Then I feel like Jimmy G won't truly start getting in rhythm until week 5 and our OL is going to struggle against Bowles blitzes, it just spells trouble. Not to mention that Ford is coming off that PRP procedure and Bosa missed damn near the entire training camp with a high ankle sprain. 

TB 27 SF 20

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

might be raining that day with the current situation happening out there. hopefully theres no delays.

Dang, hadn't even considered the rain element to this game, with the Hurricane and what not.

Anyways, I'm gonna be on tilt for every game this year. Feels like we have enough talent to beat anyone but could still conceivably lose to everyone. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Dang, hadn't even considered the rain element to this game, with the Hurricane and what not.

Anyways, I'm gonna be on tilt for every game this year. Feels like we have enough talent to beat anyone but could still conceivably lose to everyone. 

i can see this game being high scoring. I hope our pass rush isn't rusty with Dee and Bosa. glad Jimmy G starts the season playing more then likely a bad D.

Edited by 49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Was literally in the middle of making one, but early into it, so go on with yo bad self. Go Niners. 

sf.png

You snooze you lose!!! Sorry, next time I will give you more time to make a thread! I just had that cool stat of Buccaneers winning their last three home openers and I couldn't wait to put it out there!!!

17 minutes ago, John232 said:

I just know early on that Jimmy G is going to struggle some until he gets his full confidence back and playing against a team that blitzes as much as Bowles could be scary in the early going. Again, I go back to Watson last year and how much he struggled early on and then how well he played to end the season (playoff game not included).

Weather shows 93 with no precipitation as of now.

As for the game the cross country trip is a tough one and cramping is always a thing early in the year especially in hot and humid conditions. I am just not scared of the Tampa defense or their run game. Arians is a definite boost to the passing game and I expect Evans and Godwin to give the defense some problems. I'm still confident in Shanahan's ability to scheme up enough offense to win the game.

Niners 24 Tampa 13

• Like 2

Hopefully a better result compared to the last time they opened the season in Tampa. 

I am expecting the 49ers defensive line to eat though. Paper and not proof, but there is a lot of talent on that line. The Buccaneers OL is apparently one of the weaker units in the league. Donovan Smith hasn't exactly lived up to his new money this preseason either. Limited sample size, but not a good omen. 

Still, the secondary is probably going to be lackluster even going against Winston if he isn't pressured. Tampa has good receivers as well, including their tight ends. Mike Evans could have a big game. 

Edited by PapaShogun

40 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Weather shows 93 with no precipitation as of now.

As for the game the cross country trip is a tough one and cramping is always a thing early in the year especially in hot and humid conditions. I am just not scared of the Tampa defense or their run game. Arians is a definite boost to the passing game and I expect Evans and Godwin to give the defense some problems. I'm still confident in Shanahan's ability to scheme up enough offense to win the game.

Niners 24 Tampa 13

Nice!! Like your confidence.

Yeah, I haven't read anything where it says it will be raining on Sunday. Not sure I want Jimmy G playing in the rain anyways since he's not fully confident in his knee yet as it is. 

Meh, I wouldn't look much into that. In fact, I expect in three WR sets to see either Deebo or Pettis in the slot. The three WRs "starting" will be Pettis, Goodwin and Deebo. 

These lists used to be done by people like Joe Fann and I remember him saying they are super unofficial and he goes off what they see at the start of practice. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I wouldn't look much into that. In fact, I expect in three WR sets to see either Deebo or Pettis in the slot. The three WRs "starting" will be Pettis, Goodwin and Deebo. 

These lists used to be done by people like Joe Fann and I remember him saying they are super unofficial and he goes off what they see at the start of practice. 

Yeah i hope so because I would like to see Thomas playing inside. The depth chart shows him behind Armstead as one of the ends.  

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Yeah i hope so because I would like to see Thomas playing inside. The depth chart shows him behind Armstead as one of the ends.  

Yeah, honestly NO reason for him to play edge now that Bosa/Ford have returned. He should be playing interior during passing downs. Now, he could occasionally get snaps on the edge, but nowhere close to what we have seen the last two seasons.