Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, sherm said:

Not really a fan of the continued Bourne experiment. Seems to be always be a potential guy...but never production. Not a bad player but JAG. Hopefully Deebo is in there early and often. 

The other option was also JAG (Matthews). There's really nobody that I would have preferred to keep on the roster over him at receiver

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You snooze you lose!!! Sorry, next time I will give you more time to make a thread! I just had that cool stat of Buccaneers winning their last three home openers and I couldn't wait to put it out there!!!

Oh no, man, better not be sorry, or give extra time. Saved me the work, and as you rightly said, I'm LAZY indeed. :) 

Another thing to remember is that this will a bit of a homecoming for Kwon. He is a pretty fired up dude already. I would imagine he will be double amped for opening day and then triple amped to be back in Tampa. Just has to control it because he tends to play on a razor thin edge. They cannot make a ton of mental mistakes and allow the Buccs to hang around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Yeah i hope so because I would like to see Thomas playing inside. The depth chart shows him behind Armstead as one of the ends.  

He is going to play on the outside more than you or anyone else would like. I don't think bosa will see more than 20 snaps, if he plays at all. Thomas will be on the edge early and often. None of us like it but that's what it is.

I expect this to be a high scoring game. Yes it's an East coast game but it's at 1:25 PST, which certainly helps us. 

Their secondary was horrible last year. I expect our offense to score 25-30 points and really set the tone for the season. Kyle hasn't won a lot of games early in the season, and I think he's going to make sure guys are ready to go. 

I don't care how much they blitz, Garoppolo is good at getting rid of the ball fast. If they double kittle, the rest of our guys should have 1v1 elsewhere. I expect a few HUGE plays with guys wide open or big running lanes. I expect breida to have a big day 

CAN WE WIN THE TURNOVER BATTLE?

Edited by N4L

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

The other option was also JAG (Matthews). There's really nobody that I would have preferred to keep on the roster over him at receiver

Yeah but honestly JM is a better wr. Bourne just has the bigger "upside" to coaches. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

He is going to play on the outside more than you or anyone else would like. I don't think bosa will see more than 20 snaps, if he plays at all. Thomas will be on the edge early and often. None of us like it but that's what it is.

I expect this to be a high scoring game. Yes it's an East coast game but it's at 1:25 PST, which certainly helps us. 

Their secondary was horrible last year. I expect our offense to score 25-30 points and really set the tone for the season. Kyle hasn't won a lot of games early in the season, and I think he's going to make sure guys are ready to go. 

I don't care how much they blitz, Garoppolo is good at getting rid of the ball fast. If they double kittle, the rest of our guys should have 1v1 elsewhere. I expect a few HUGE plays with guys wide open or big running lanes. I expect breida to have a big day 

CAN WE WIN THE TURNOVER BATTLE?

I partially agree with this. I think because of Bosa’s ankle we will see Thomas at end in base, but I think when we go to nickel we will see him slide inside and Bosa will he out there. That was originally the plan with Thomas when we drafted him and I think the staff will go back to that. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Armstead on the edge on early downs either. I think once Bosa is 100% he will be an every down player on the edge for us, but I expect us to ease him in, but if he is cleared to play I do expect him out there every time we have their offense in an obvious passing situation.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy needs to play well. Someone just refused a trade in my fantasy league because they don't trust the niners offense and said that Mullens could be better than Jimmy. 

I'd be sending them anthrax in the next trade proposition. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

The first two games should be wins if the 49ers want to be taken seriously. Even if they are road games.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into week 6 against the Rams with a 4-0 record. 

We really NEED to win the first 4 games, or at the very least, go 3-1. The Bucs are intriguing, but it's hard to bet on Winston, the Bengals may get the 1st overall pick in the draft this year, the Steelers will be a challenge, but I think the Steelers' window is closing fast and are on the downswing, and we're facing the Browns at home on a 15-day break. 

The schedule, on paper, is looking pretty tough in the second half. The Niners need to win as much as they can in a relatively easy first half.

• Like 1