Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM DAMMIT!

Why can't we win and Mike Evans have 200+ yards? I'm already starting Pettis and Jimmy and Robbie Gould! Flying those 49ers colors proudly! (okay, Pettis is only starting because of the AB mess, but whatever, he's still in the lineup) 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why can't we win and Mike Evans have 200+ yards? I'm already starting Pettis and Jimmy and Robbie Gould! Flying those 49ers colors proudly! (okay, Pettis is only starting because of the AB mess, but whatever, he's still in the lineup) 

Because if Mike Evans has 200+ yards, then we have a major need at CB one week into the season.

Minor change in subject, but this is the exact line of reasoning that caused me to stop playing fantasy football. Not shaming or anything (certainly not my cohost), but I just personally hated watching football this way. I think it's totally cool if others don't mind that, or enjoy playing fantasy football, but it wasn't for me.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Because if Mike Evans has 200+ yards, then we have a major need at CB one week into the season.

Minor change in subject, but this is the exact line of reasoning that caused me to stop playing fantasy football. Not shaming or anything (certainly not my cohost), but I just personally hated watching football this way. I think it's totally cool if others don't mind that, or enjoy playing fantasy football, but it wasn't for me.

The problem for me is that the pull of smack talking my friends is far too great. I actually ditched all other leagues that didn't involve me getting to rub it in friends faces lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is why fantasy football is the devil....

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

This is why fantasy football is the devil....

Just a difference in perception. If I wasn't in a fantasy league and Mike Evans had 200+ yards and we won, I wouldn't care either. Some people don't like that, which is fine as well. But since it wouldn't bother me if I weren't in a fantasy league, there's no reason it bothers me when I am. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Just a difference in perception. If I wasn't in a fantasy league and Mike Evans had 200+ yards and we won, I wouldn't care either. Some people don't like that, which is fine as well. But since it wouldn't bother me if I weren't in a fantasy league, there's no reason it bothers me when I am. 

I was j/k really...I'm not fan of fantasy football but I can see the appeal for some.  

4 hours ago, Forge said:

The difference is that you are rooting for Mike Evans to tear us up, whereas the other scenario you outlined is him having an irrelevant big game in a loss. Understand? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

The difference is that you are rooting for Mike Evans to tear us up, whereas the other scenario you outlined is him having an irrelevant big game in a loss. Understand? 

Nope. His tearing us up and us winning can both happen. You can have both. Different compartmentalizations. 

No different if we were playing the bills and I was hoping for Frank Gore to have a big game but for us to win. The player's success means nothing, so I don't really care if they succeed it not. Fantasy just puts me in a situation where I can care. 

I'd rather Evans have a bad game and us to win than I would for him to have a monster game for my fantasy team and us lose though. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nope. His tearing us up and us winning can both happen. You can have both. Different compartmentalizations. 

No different if we were playing the bills and I was hoping for Frank Gore to have a big game but for us to win. The player's success means nothing, so I don't really care if they succeed it not. Fantasy just puts me in a situation where I can care. 

I'd rather Evans have a bad game and us to win than I would for him to have a monster game for my fantasy team and us lose though. 

You missed my point. It's rooting for the other team to have success that takes away from the actual games in my eyes. My interest is 100% on real football during games

I took a long break from fantasy football for a long time for the reasons @y2lamanaki outlined. I do it now on the side lol it's just an excuse to follow other teams more closely, but I am intent on watching 5ish games a week on game pass this year. Condensed games ftw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

You missed my point. It's rooting for the other team to have success that takes away from the actual games in my eyes. My interest is 100% on real football during games

The bolded is important it basically supports what I said- different perceptions