Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Soft tissue injuries are tricky in the extreme heat bc of dehydration

Side note- great job by the staff today keeping everyone hydrated. I thought cramps were going to be an issue and I can't remember one player cramping

• Like 1

Thoughts from today's game:

• Jimmy G looked pretty rusty. He was off-target on several throws and didn't seem to have full confidence. I'm not concerned about this as I think this is a pretty normal thing for someone to experience after not playing in a real game for almost a full year. He's going to get better each week.

• The defense entire team was really sloppy, but things got better throughout the game. I hope the fouls get cleaned up moving forward.

• Kwon was playing with too much fire and emotion and it bit him in the behind. With that said, I loved the way he was flying around the field and hitting with authority. I thought Greenlaw filled in pretty well for him and Warner showed that he's a true team leader.

• Bosa looked like he was still dealing with the ankle injury. At times, he looked like he got knocked off balance and didn't look very agile. But then he would blow right by the tackle. He seemed like he was 80% today. He's going to be a force with Ford off the edge.

• Witherspoon looked legit today. He had tight coverage and had his hands on the ball often. I really hope this is what he's going to look like all season.

• The defense really benefitted from a below-average QB today, but I thought they looked pretty good. The run defense wore down toward the end of the game, but the pass defense was solid most of the day. Very encouraged by what I saw today.

Big take away from the game today: The defense looked good and the offense was not in sync, but I'm positive that they're going to gel over the next few weeks to show that the 49ers are going to be a tough team to beat.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if we call up Wilson from the PS, who do we release? Or do we even call up Wilson with Coleman hurt? 

Depends on the severity. May not be hurt enough to open a roster spot

Edit, just realized what you said. I'd be fine releasing toilolo to bring Wilson up if necessary

• Like 1