Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Least gotta do some damage against TB right?

Honestly, no one has any clue. The guy is kind of a weirdo to be honest. 

I expect him to be sporadic this year. Some games where he is feeling it, where he has space to make his moves, he will look amazing. Other games defenders will get into his body and he wont really fight them or fight for the ball. 

He has dropped a ton of passes this year. Lots in preseason and we heard about it a lot in training camp. That is never good. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Any chance Dante Pettis put up WR1 numbers this year?

If Pettis and Kupp put up WR1 numbers for me this year I’m destroying everyone with my RBs. 

The ball is going to be spread around quite a bit in the offense, so the niners' most likely won't have a bell cow type fantasy option outside of Kittle. Don't be surprised if Pettis balls out one game, but then Samuel, Goodwin, or Taylor take the helm in the next. It's less likely that we will have a 1,000-yard threat and more likely we'll have 4-5 guys in the 700-900 yard range. If things go the way we think it will, this is going to be one of the more balanced offenses in the league. 

But I will say about Pettis, he should rack up so big gainers and TD's in the redzone. I drafted Pettis as well, but then followed that up at the end of the draft with Debo just in case :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Interesting Demar Dotson who's TB RT had a interview yesterday saying they haven't watched any Nick Bosa film with him out all preseason. They won't watch his college film. Let's feast Nick!

I just read a quote about Bosa (somewhere on Twitter) where he said that as soon as he went down with an injury he started studying the Bucs' tackles to prepare for the game. Advantage = Bosa.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm excited to see this dline play all together. 

If the 49ers aren't pushing for 50 sacks this year as a team, they've underachieved. I really believe that if the pass rushing is there all year and is consistently putting QBs in low percentage situations, our pass coverage and takeaways will vastly improve and should pave the way for a top 10 defense, or just outside of the top 10.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If the 49ers aren't pushing for 50 sacks this year as a team, they've underachieved. I really believe that if the pass rushing is there all year and is consistently putting QBs in low percentage situations, our pass coverage and takeaways will vastly improve and should pave the way for a top 10 defense, or just outside of the top 10.

I agree. Glad you said "pushing 50" rather than 50, because 45+ might still be a phenomenal year depending on circumstances (if teams run more against the Wide 9, we should expect fewer sacks because of fewer opportunities for example). But we have certainly underachieved if we're not getting there.

I'm really excited about our defense. It might still need some DBs, but it should easily be among the top half of the league.

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I agree. Glad you said "pushing 50" rather than 50, because 45+ might still be a phenomenal year depending on circumstances (if teams run more against the Wide 9, we should expect fewer sacks because of fewer opportunities for example). But we have certainly underachieved if we're not getting there.

I'm really excited about our defense. It might still need some DBs, but it should easily be among the top half of the league.

I keep thinking back to the Harbaugh days when we were starting Carlos Rogers, Chris Culliver, Dashon Goldson, and Donte Whitner with the Smith Bros up front. Our secondary all left and without all that pressure up front were all average at best. I think we’ll be just fine with our secondary, especially if T-Moore can be what we are all hoping he can be.

9 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I keep thinking back to the Harbaugh days when we were starting Carlos Rogers, Chris Culliver, Dashon Goldson, and Donte Whitner with the Smith Bros up front. Our secondary all left and without all that pressure up front were all average at best. I think we’ll be just fine with our secondary, especially if T-Moore can be what we are all hoping he can be.

This staff better hope so. Saleh's job depends on it lol. 

Plus, it would look very bad on the front office in general, in my opinion. 

I think to Gore Whore's point. I think our secondary is more talented..injuries and consistency are our biggest issue. But Akhello has way more potential than anyone we've drafted in years, even before Harbaugh and Sherman has a better resume..obviously. Tartt is a dynamic player when he's healthy and on his A game, but that's not something you can count on. Moore is an unkown, this week will be a trial by fire with him. Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate is an insanely physical and talented unit to go up against, but I believe Moore can turn into our safety for the future.