Week 1 GDT - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

The bolded is important it basically supports what I said- different perceptions

Yep, I had a paragraph about how people are free to root for whatever, but I deleted it before posting (bc who cares). Your relationship with the team is different than mine. Not better/worse, just different, and thats cool. Makes no difference to me who/what you root for, but since we were talking about it, it's annoying how obsessed people get with fake football sometimes lol (you're not annoying I just mean people in general)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, White/Evans playing is a huge risk to everyone on the field. NFL needs to step in here and make sure the bug doesn't spread across the league and FORCE these two to sit out tomorrow!

I think bucs should forfeit the game. If two players have it more then likely the team has it.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought they couldn't change the colors they decided? Isn't that what Shanny asked Bob Lange on his Friday presser? 

Correct. That's what he said- Buccs are wearing their normal home colors and we are in white. No changes can be made. Slight advantage for us.

Outside of the first couple of days of FA, Draft, and cutdown day (shaping our roster) i don't find myself hyped up during the offseason. Combine, OTA's, Preseason, its all meh to me. But when gameday actually arrives, there's nothing like it. Psyched for the season, hope this is the year we finally break through. Lets go!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Trying to decide if Baltimore looks really good or Miami just looks really bad.  21-0, still in the first quarter.  Yikes. 

I think it’s a little bit of both. Dolphins are a mess and should be competing with the Bengals for the first overall pick. 

The Ravens are legit and should be competing for the AFC North title. The defense is still top 5 in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Skule will really be the swing tackle? 

I get that Verrett doesn't contribute in STs, but with as much three/four WR sets the Bucs use, he could have been useful today. 

They're probably being extra cautious with Verrett right now. With Sherman/Witherspoon/Williams as the top, and then having Reed as an extra DB, I don't think they were really concerned about the 4-WR sets. I think it's probably the safe bet. The only other person I could see making inactive would be Taylor on the DL, but at 90 degrees + Tampa humidity, I see the soundness in the strategy to keep them all active. Otherwise, I can't think of who you keep inactive over him if you're using Exum, Moseley, and Reed on Special Teams. You don't bench a Special Teams starter to keep a backup CB active. 

Next week, I won't be surprised to see Taylor on the DL inactive and Verrett active.