The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

I have to say, at first I was ticked that the NFL had stuck us with the Titans game one. This is a franchise on the rise and I figured week one would be the Pats game or the Jets rematch of the game that started this whole thing off last year, or a rivalry game at least. But no, it was just the painfully mediocre Titans.

And then I thought about it, and I realized that the symbolism is actually pretty much perfect.

latest?cb=20110429091852

See, in Greek Mythology, the Titans were elemental gods, the first deities in the universe. And I don't know about y'all, but being a Cleveland sports fan for 20 plus years now, it sure has seemed like the football gods have been against us. From the moments I learned about growing up, The Fumble, The Drive, to the ones I experienced, Being stolen in the night by Art Model, the expansion franchise, the giant countdown clock to that first new opening day, and then every coach or QB since being bad, ruined, etc. Every single moment has seemed designed by some higher power to crush the team and the city.

But #$%^ has changed. The culture is different. The talent level is different. And the "Cleveland vs. The World" vibe is stronger than I ever remember it. 

So it's week one. It's the start of a special season. And it's time for this coaching staff, this QB, and this team to kick the %$^&ing football gods in the teeth.

Titans - Browns. Week One. Let's Go.

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I have to say, at first I was ticked that the NFL had stuck us with the Titans game one. This is a franchise on the rise and I figured week one would be the Pats game or the Jets rematch of the game that started this whole thing off last year, or a rivalry game at least. But no, it was just the painfully mediocre Titans.

And then I thought about it, and I realized that the symbolism is actually pretty much perfect.

See, in Greek Mythology, the Titans were elemental gods, the first deities in the universe. And I don't know about y'all, but being a Cleveland sports fan for 20 plus years now, it sure has seemed like the football gods have been against us. From the moments I learned about growing up, The Fumble, The Drive, to the ones I experienced, Being stolen in the night by Art Model, the expansion franchise, the giant countdown clock to that first new opening day, and then every coach or QB since being bad, ruined, etc. Every single moment has seemed designed by some higher power to crush the team and the city.

But #$%^ has changed. The culture is different. The talent level is different. And the "Cleveland vs. The World" vibe is stronger than I ever remember it. 

So it's week one. It's the start of a special season. And it's time for this coaching staff, this QB, and this team to kick the %$^&ing football gods in the teeth.

Titans - Browns. Week One. Let's Go.

I'm not crying.  You're crying.  

OK.....it's me.  This made me cry.  

Image result for tears of joy gif

• Like 3