The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

This is a good first game for us.  If we shut down the run we should be able to win this game even if our offense is out of sync like it was against the Bucs.  Things will be looking good in our matchup against our division rivals. If we get ran over we probably are going to be fighting uphill against the Ravens and Steelers regardless if we still squeak out a W in this game.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think it will take us awhile to find our groove. Baker will force some stuff and throw a INT. Tennessee may have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Jurrell Casey is a beast, but they have nobodies in that front 7. They’re starting a 37 year old Cameron wake. They MUST pressure Baker or he will pick them apart. We have too many weapons for him to choose from.

However, Mariota is physically done. I won’t be shocked if he’s benched at some point for Tennessee. I think he’s the reason Tennessee will lose this week. 

I definitely wouldn’t call the likes of Evans, Brown, Casey, Woodyard, and Landry “nobodies”. Wake will likely be nothing more than a situational guy on pass downs. The Titans are relying big time on Landry to take a big step but that trio of ILBs will be one of the best in the league again. Brown played like one of the best last season while Evans got better the more he played(missed all of TC due to injury). They’ve had trouble getting consistent pressure from OLBs so Pees does blitz a lot and moves the three ILBs all around especially Evans. The front 7 surely isn’t going to be anywhere close to elite or likely even great but they’re definitely not a bunch of “nobodies”. Should be a good group who needs to stay healthy and find more consistency especially at OLB. The secondary is the strength of the whole team and may be one of the best in the league like you said. I don’t love the CB group outside of Logan Ryan. Butler was terrible the first 8-10 games last year and finished pretty solid. Adoree Jackson was the opposite. Played incredible the first half and then TY Hilton I guess took his soul and he wasn’t the same. Hasn’t been very good this preseason either.  Should be an interesting matchup against the Browns top 3 receivers.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pnies20 said:

They have Byard, Evans and Casey on that defense and a bunch of inconsistent players. Landry is solid. Don’t know how much awake has left in the tank. 

The big question is can we stop Derek Henry?

That's ignoring players like Wesley Woodyard, Jayon Brown, Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler who over the last half of 2018 had the 3rd lowest QB rating when targeted and Kenny Vaccarro.

It's more or less the same group that resulted in the 3rd best scoring defense in football last year. No one realizes they finished that highly because it's Tennessee and no one cares about Tennessee, but our defense can play.

Now the offense on the other hand...

giphy.gif

Edit: ttitans got to it just before me lol

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

That's ignoring players like Wesley Woodyard, Jayon Brown, Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler who over the last half of 2018 had the 3rd lowest QB rating when targeted and Kenny Vaccarro.

It's more or less the same group that resulted in the 3rd best scoring defense in football last year. No one realizes they finished that highly because it's Tennessee and no one cares about Tennessee, but our defense can play.

giphy.gif

Yeah,  your defense is really solid and will be a good test for our offense.

How's your backup LT? With Lewan suspended, Garrett might (or, at least hopefully) have a monster game.

You guys are actually one of the teams I'm most intrigued to watch this year. Tennessee was so bipolar last year, so I'm interested to see how we matchup.

26 minutes ago, DawgX said:

How's your backup LT? With Lewan suspended, Garrett might (or, at least hopefully) have a monster game.

You guys are actually one of the teams I'm most intrigued to watch this year. Tennessee was so bipolar last year, so I'm interested to see how we matchup.

He’s not good.

38 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

giphy.gif

I’m not ignoring them. The players I mentioned are just a step above them.

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Kelly struggles at LT. He's a solid RT, but for whatever reasons(I've read technique does vary quite a bit from right to left side) he's no where near that at LT. Will have to chip with TEs and backs most of the game I think. Luckily Saffold is our LG which could potentially help take some pressure off of him.

And bipolar fits the Titans. The Titans have the 2nd best record vs teams with a winning record and vs playoff teams over the past 3 seasons, only behind the Patriots. So on a bright note, if the Titans win the game, it probably means the Browns are really good. Titans can tend to struggle with and lose to bad teams tho.

So basically what I'm saying is the Browns should throw the game to guarantee they have a good season.

• Like 3