The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Bit should never get beat that bad. Kush didn’t look great on that highlighted play but Bit looked even worst. 

Yeah I don’t think Zeitler would have been the answer to the problems. We truly don’t know what the major problem is because Greg Robinson cause an immediate problem. Would have been great to see our starting 5 play for awhile but that dude had to get tossed. Then Liam going down forcing to swing a tackle over and bring in a new guy. 

We were dead long before any of that.

32 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We were dead long before any of that.

We were not dead before that. He got tossed 5mins left in the 2nd quarter. It be great to see what the starters can do for an entire game and what adjustments can be made instead of having to rely on every active lineman on the game day roster. Because of his stupidity we had to swing a tackle over and bring in a lineman who has been with the team for less than a week. 

Also if he is in the game, maybe the safety never happens. 

I’m glad we got punched in the mouth week1. It can set everyone straight and put a chip on their shoulder. Great thing is they get an extra day of work to figure things out. Now we have things on Tape that the coaches have and can start to try and fix

This better be a 4-alarm wake up call. We need to play smarter, and coach smarter, or this is going to be a long season followed by another Haslam one-and-done special with Freddy.

I know Baker can sling it long, and that's one of Monken's favorite things to do, but with the shaky state of our o-line we need concepts that get the ball out of the QB's hands lightning fast and rely on skill players and blockers downfield to make big plays. 

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’m glad we got punched in the mouth week1. It can set everyone straight and put a chip on their shoulder. Great thing is they get an extra day of work to figure things out. Now we have things on Tape that the coaches have and can start to try and fix

I think you're the only one.

Don't get me wrong, I think this could turn out to be a good learning experience for the team and we could easily bounce back. But I'll never be not mad that we lost by 30 points and that we played sloppy, undisciplined football.

We just have to figure out a balanced offense.  We can't fall behind and have 1st and 25 or 2nd and 20 every drive and take away our ground game and balance.  Kills drives and opens up the potential for turnovers.  The OL is a problem.  If it gets fixed and can play average, we'll be alright.  If more of the same happens, we're going to have a really hard time honestly. 

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We just have to figure out a balanced offense.  We can't fall behind and have 1st and 25 or 2nd and 20 every drive and take away our ground game and balance.  Kills drives and opens up the potential for turnovers.  The OL is a problem.  If it gets fixed and can play average, we'll be alright.  If more of the same happens, we're going to have a really hard time honestly. 

You can win with a bad offensive line. However, you will never win committing 18 penalties for 180+ yards. 

I don't want Baker getting killed, but a 3-4 yard sack is not a drive killer that a 10 yard holding penalty is.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You can win with a bad offensive line. However, you will never win committing 18 penalties for 180+ yards. 

I don't want Baker getting killed, but a 3-4 yard sack is not a drive killer that a 10 yard holding penalty is.

You don’t have to have maulers but also can’t have open paths to your QB from the offensive tackle. Sacks, holds, etc. Awful all around today. Hubbard and whoever else was out there. Shades of John St. Clair. 

• Like 1

The OL wasn't the primary problem. The team played soft and dumb.

If Kitchens wants a pass first offense he better incorporate the RBs and outlets into the flat more. And Baker needs to be a better game manager and not strictly a gun slinger if we're using the pass game to drive down the field. He threw too many high risk throws into what was the strength of the Titans defense and held the ball too long.

Landry is really the only receiver that consistently dominates at the catch point. Everyone else is fairly soft and Njoku is a liability. Hard to have a great pass first offense with guys that can't win at the catch point or get back up after making a tough catch. Harris, Njoku and Higgins all got nicked up.  

I figured the pass happy offense in the pre season was Freddy just being coy and he'd hammer with Chubb once things got real. But I guess that really was the offense.

The defense just isn't made to win at the poa. It's made to rush the QB and protect a lead. The dumb mistakes only exacerbated that soft front.