The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

11 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I get what you are saying Buno - no legitimate NFL playoff team should ever be "afraid" of any running back. But, I think our neurotic fan base is reverting to past history. This is exactly the type of back that has torn us a new one.

Hopefully, with better talent and a new defensive scheme and philosophy - those fears become a thing of the past too.

The exact type of back that has torn us a new one? Who was the last straight power back that hurt the Browns? It’s be the shifty backs that have abused the Browns from what I can recall. I know Hill did his damage.  But I believe with our DL they can cause enough disruption in the backfield that those big guys won’t get a chance to get going

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

But I believe with our DL they can cause enough disruption in the backfield that those big guys won’t get a chance to get going

If we changed our scheme to be more gap sound. Because we were atrocious at setting an edge last year. Garrett flew way up the field on every play and left the C-Gap power wide effing open. We also rarely rolled down a safety to be a true edge setter and when we did, it was Kindred who missed tackles like it was his job.

I know we have a new coach so that should help in that regard, but our linebackers and DL setting an edge are still concerns.

Browns 27

Titans 16

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The exact type of back that has torn us a new one? Who was the last straight power back that hurt the Browns? It’s be the shifty backs that have abused the Browns from what I can recall. I know Hill did his damage.  But I believe with our DL they can cause enough disruption in the backfield that those big guys won’t get a chance to get going

Jeremy Hill did a number on us when he was with the Bengals, Bilal Powell with the Jets, The Bus many times from back in the day, Henry himself the last time the Titans were here..........

But it is all a moot point. I think our defense is vastly improved in personnel and scheme.

Especially if Baker gets a couple of quick strike early TDs that forces Tennessee to go away from the power run game.

We'll see in 78 hours or so....

Not very anxious. LOL

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If we changed our scheme to be more gap sound. Because we were atrocious at setting an edge last year. Garrett flew way up the field on every play and left the C-Gap power wide effing open. We also rarely rolled down a safety to be a true edge setter and when we did, it was Kindred who missed tackles like it was his job.

I know we have a new coach so that should help in that regard, but our linebackers and DL setting an edge are still concerns.

Browns 27

Titans 16

With how often Garrett flew up field, I feel like that’s what Greggg told him to do. Garrett was damn good at setting the edge in college. 

We got destroyed on the edge last year cause IMO our outside backers were straight trash

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Jeremy Hill did a number on us when he was with the Bengals, Bilal Powell with the Jets, The Bus many times from back in the day, Henry himself the last time the Titans were here..........

But it is all a moot point. I think our defense is vastly improved in personnel and scheme.

Especially if Baker gets a couple of quick strike early TDs that forces Tennessee to go away from the power run game.

We'll see in 78 hours or so....

Not very anxious. LOL

Henry in ‘16 went for 7yards against the browns  . ‘17 went for 13yards on 13 carries against the Browns

You bring up Powell, but he isn’t a big back. He is 5’10 200+

Bettis did that to everyone tho. 

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

With how often Garrett flew up field, I feel like that’s what Gregg told him to do. Garrett was damn good at setting the edge in college. 

Meh...it wasn't a strength of his. He wasn't terrible at it, but Daeshon Hall was a better edge setter than Garrett was. Also teams never ran to Garrett's side in college so yeah we never got to see that play itself out.

We got destroyed on the edge last year cause IMO our outside backers were straight trash

100% true. Jamie Collins doesn't even know what a gap is. And Tanner Vallejo was our other linebacker. Nuff said. Plus even when they weren't our edge setters, our safeties refused to come down and fill alleys. Well Peppers did, but Randall was 30 yards back and Kindred was a putrid tackler. I remember looking at our run fits pre-snap last year and wanting to vomit. Our alignments made literally 0 sense and you could tell we were gonna get gashed before the ball was even snapped. I loved Gregg the person, but I loathed Gregg the DC. His scheme was trash, as were our LB's.

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Henry in ‘16 went for 7yards against the browns  . ‘17 went for 13yards on 13 carries against the Browns

You bring up Powell, but he isn’t a big back. He is 5’10 200+

Bettis did that to everyone tho. 

OK senior moment then - I could have sworn I remember Henry dancing on us. My bad.

Bottom line - I really, really like our chances Sunday.

28 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

OK senior moment then - I could have sworn I remember Henry dancing on us. My bad.

Bottom line - I really, really like our chances Sunday.

I totally agree. I know how much we all want to see our WRs in action and I’ve been guilty at that too. I can’t wait to see Landry OBJ Higgins and Baker all out on the field together but damn I want to see our DL playing together for 4 quarters. They are going to wear some offensive lines out. I feel like there will be a few games this year like 2, maybe 3 that the game is won by the DL. The offense will score for us but I feel like our DL will just take over a couple games and just totally disrupt an opposing offensive game plan. I hope those games happens vs the Ravens Steelers and Seahawks

20 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Tennessee's OL was having issues WITH Lewan. With him excused from the contest, the Titans are trotting out a dinged up JV tackle to fend off the determined charges of Myles Garrett.

DECIDED advantage: BROWNS.

Yeah he’s gonna need help all game or Myles is gonna destroy him.

Olivier is gonna feast without TE’s chipping.

35 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Tennessee's OL was having issues WITH Lewan. With him excused from the contest, the Titans are trotting out a dinged up JV tackle to fend off the determined charges of Myles Garrett.

DECIDED advantage: BROWNS.

Our issues with Lewan on the line last year stemmed from Spain and Kline at the guard spots who are both gone now. Saffold should be an upgrade at LG, and Pamphile should be an upgrade at RG even if it's only a marginal one. As for our tackles, Kelly is fine and actually played extremely well at RT last year during Conklin's absence. He didn't look nearly as good at LT during the preseason however as any right minded person who watched his snaps would tell you, so even with the upgrades to the interior I still have no doubt the advantage will be in your favor in the trenches when your D is on the field. Hopefully Delanie can be an X-factor here for us (he won't go on an island against Garrett like he did here against Mack, but you get the idea - he provides more help in the blocking scheme than people realize/give credit for).

You guys should be confident, but I will remind you that we faced Houston last year with Lewan, Conklin, and Kelly out and Gabbert at QB and pulled out the W. Vrabel is a hell of a coach.

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Our issues with Lewan on the line last year stemmed from Spain and Kline at the guard spots who are both gone now. Saffold should be an upgrade at LG, and Pamphile should be an upgrade at RG even if it's only a marginal one. As for our tackles, Kelly is fine and actually played extremely well at RT last year during Conklin's absence. He didn't look nearly as good at LT during the preseason however as any right minded person who watched his snaps would tell you, so even with the upgrades to the interior I still have no doubt the advantage will be in your favor in the trenches when your D is on the field. Hopefully Delanie can be an X-factor here for us (he won't go on an island against Garrett like he did here against Mack, but you get the idea - he provides more help in the blocking scheme than people realize/give credit for).

You guys should be confident, but I will remind you that we faced Houston last year with Lewan, Conklin, and Kelly out and Gabbert at QB and pulled out the W. Vrabel is a hell of a coach.

Great post and great points. Vrabel IS a hell of a coach. Browns 34-7.

Archived