The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

Our pass defense is going to be incredibly strong when you combine our secondary + defensive line. Then you have guys like Schoebert and Kirksey who defend the pass incredibly well for linebackers. Schoebert is probably the best LB in coverage.

My biggest fear is going to be our run defense. Derrick Henry is a big boy. I don’t feel good about our tackling against his size. I’d feel good against most running-backs, just not him.

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our pass defense is going to be incredibly strong when you combine our secondary + defensive line. Then you have guys like Schoebert and Kirksey who defend the pass incredibly well for linebackers. Schoebert is probably the best LB in coverage.

My biggest fear is going to be our run defense. Derrick Henry is a big boy. I don’t feel good about our tackling against his size. I’d feel good against most running-backs, just not him.

You may get the Derrick Henry that runs like a ***** instead of the December 2018 Derrick Henry. Who knows which guy will show up

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You may get the Derrick Henry that runs like a ***** instead of the December 2018 Derrick Henry. Who knows which guy will show up

He’s my #1 concern.

If I’m Tennessee, I would focus on stopping Nick Chubb and blitzing Baker. Baker has not and will not ever focus on throwing to just one guy. Everybody talks about OBJ and Jarvis, but Baker loves his go-to-guy Rashard Higgins. Higgins is a beast at coming up with important catches on 3rd and long.

Plays like 1:53 and 3:23 summarize him perfectly, he’s annoying to defend.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Titans will have Byard and Logan Ryan covering OBJ. I anticipate a quiet debut from OBJ. 

I expect Njoku to be covered by Rahsaan Evans. Which will be a wash.

Malcolm Butler likes to gamble, so it will be interesting to see him vs Higgins.

My favorable matchup to watch is Jarvis vs Adoree Jackson.

It will be ugly and low scoring. 20-17 good guys. Defense has a clutch stop in the 4th quarter to win it.

Edited by candyman93

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Titans will have Byard and Logan Ryan covering OBJ. I anticipate a quiet debut from OBJ. 

I expect Njoku to be covered by Rahsaan Evans. Which will be a wash.

Malcolm Butler likes to gamble, so it will be interesting to see him vs Higgins.

My favorable matchup to watch is Jarvis vs Adoree Jackson.

It will be ugly and low scoring. 20-17 good guys. Defense has a clutch stop in the 4th quarter to win it.

Logan is one of the best slot corners in the league so he will line up against whoever you guys put there. Butler and Adoree will line up on whoever is on the outside and they’re both susceptible to getting absolutely toasted lol. Adoree will literally fall asleep out there and Butler has a bad habit of peaking in the backfield when his eyes should be on the WR. You’ll also likely see Vacarro or Jayon Brown line up on Njoku instead of Evans. I’m with you on the ugly, low scoring affair with both defenses making it ugly (with the help of the offenses who will likely not be in rhythm so early in the season) though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I’m actually worried about trotting two rookie kickers out Sunday more than anything.

More than:

- O that hasn't played together at game speed

- New O, D and ST coordinators and some subordinates, and

- An OL that looks like a hot mess?

Think there are bigger things to worry about.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

O that hasn't played together at game speed

It would be different if we had average or below average talent, the offense shouldn't have to be in sync to put up points with the talent we have.

28 minutes ago, bruceb said:

- New O, D and ST and some subordinates, and

I'm not going to worry about upgrades at the coaching positions and Freddie is a carry over and the most important piece.

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

An OL that looks like a hot mess?

We've still looked better than our oppositions offensive lines. I suspect more of the same Sunday.

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

We finally get good and you all start acting like worryworts 

man city fans couldn’t accept how good their team was at first either

What us worry?

We'll go as far as Baker takes us. Maybe he does struggle and we don't look so good week one. We'll be better next week. He is only allowed 2 off games per year though so I wouldn't advise using one up this early. I don't expect any game to be easy but I expect the more talented team to win the majority of the time and I think that will be us most Sundays. I guess we'll be playing on other days of the week this year, but you get what I'm saying.