Week 1 GDT: Giants vs Cowboys @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

30 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Things could be worse. Honestly if you are a Miami Dolphins fan... ouch. When u have players asking for trades after the game is over and multiple reports of the team quitting on the coach before the end of the first half.. Ya that's extremely bad.

The Dolphins are doing what we should have done. Blown it up.

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Honestly, there’s a lot for giants fans to be excited about.  Offensively, this is the best Eli has looked in years.  His only turnover was on 4th down which by definition is a turnover regardless if not converted into a first down.  I kept waiting for the “full Eli” moment but it never came.   My biggest takeaway from the giants perspective was the loss of OBJ.  Its looking like that was a horrible trade offensively.

defensively, not going to lie... you guys are starting at ground zero.  You’ll have a lot of room under the cap to do some things in FA, but right now, it’s probably going to get abused.

What I noticed was he didn't take too many shots down field, which I contribute to the Dallas secondary and some decent but not great receivers.  Once again limited to short passing, stats showed he had 3 for over 20+ and 1 for over 40+.  So I agree with you there, trading Odell and getting a suspended Tate it was a bad deal financially as well as strategically.  

A better offensive line definitely brought back the Manning I know I just don't know if it'll make a difference when the team has no pass rush to speak of and such a young secondary.

Personally, I don't think anyone could have done a worse job at rebuilding a team than this GM has done.  Running it like he's in a madden game.  You just can't gut entire position groups and expect a bunch of rookies to fill those voids.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this offensive line can hold up for the year because the depth is lacking some serious talent.

12 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I gotta admit it was good to see DJ take off for that first down. He fumbled ya, but he still stuck his neck out for that 1st down marker

I get that you're excited to see him on the field, but he clearly isn't ready to start.  He's gonna get killed out there, needs a little more time to see the field.  I love his accuracy and think he'll make a great qb but lets enjoy Eli's last season as a Giant.

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I get that you're excited to see him on the field, but he clearly isn't ready to start.  He's gonna get killed out there, needs a little more time to see the field.  I love his accuracy and think he'll make a great qb but lets enjoy Eli's last season as a Giant.

From watching him in preseason and the 1 drive yesterday from the small sample size looks to me like his internal clock is on point. Timing on the throws was quick. Made his reads and let it loose. I'd rather him just slide or run out of bounds those times he does scramble. No need to take big hits like that. He's not ready to start but I hope they keep giving him end of game snaps so when he does takeover he's got some experience with the 1's under his belt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

It's basically what they did, and the team sucks because of it.

Yes, short term pain for long term gain. The Giants keep dancing with the idea they can compete. They can’t. We should have gone to the full rebuild a long time ago.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Yes, short term pain for long term gain. The Giants keep dancing with the idea they can compete. They can’t. We should have gone to the full rebuild a long time ago.

I don't think they're dancing at all, you don't release or trade as much as they have and expect to be competitive ...If this isn't full rebuild I'd hate to see your version of it.  Most of the players on this roster and one to two years on this roster.  

Simply agree to disagree with you here man.  

4 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

From watching him in preseason and the 1 drive yesterday from the small sample size looks to me like his internal clock is on point. Timing on the throws was quick. Made his reads and let it loose. I'd rather him just slide or run out of bounds those times he does scramble. No need to take big hits like that. He's not ready to start but I hope they keep giving him end of game snaps so when he does takeover he's got some experience with the 1's under his belt. 

Internal clock and seeing the entire field are a bit different for me, but yes get out of bounds don't take those hits at least not in a game you know is in garbage time.  

14 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Ya no doubt. I still respect old man Eli. But honestly it was so nice to see a QB who can run. And he got to that marker in a hurry. He'll work the nuances he needs to. The bottom line with him is i like that he competes and competes hard. 

16 hours ago, ny92mike said:

It makes zero sense to play Eli at all. What are we enjoying with him? Jones needs the experience as you say. The best way is on the job training.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

It makes zero sense to play Eli at all. What are we enjoying with him? Jones needs the experience as you say. The best way is on the job training.

I mean if the team believe Eli clearly gives them the best chance to win then why should Daniel Jones play at this point? 

Sends message that you’re not trying to compete this year at all. 

• Like 1